"I'm used to it."

I raised a brow, looking at her. "Cocky much?"

She shrugged, "It's true. I mean, not just with the crush thing. My employees always look at me when I pass by their area, I meant those that I don't directly handle or meet with. I have a high rank in our company."

Honestly, she didn't sound cocky saying those things. It's just her stating what I already know. That's why even some from my company knows Lisa and gets starstruck because not only is she a huge name, she's also an eye candy.

If anything, she's still being humble with her words.

"I know..." I quietly mutter, continuing with fixing my things.

I let out a deep breath.

"Lis?"

I lowered my head even more.

"Yes?"

"Sorry if I turned down your friendship before. I was so angry at that time, with a lot of things. Even to myself," I mumble.

I just felt like I needed to apologize and recognize my mistakes if I wanted to start anew.

"Jennie, you don't have to apologize."

I shook my head.

"I asked you to stay away and got angry when you kept trying to help me out because you... you were just concerned about me."

I didn't mention her having feelings for me.

I wonder if it remained just the same.

"You were angry at me because I've hurt you before," she tells me.

I looked her in the eyes this time and shook my head, "I was hurt because of our break up but we both had our mistakes and it was... complicated for us. I know you were hurt too. I hope you forgive me for what happened to us too, for giving up on us even when there was really nothing... with Rosé."

She stared at me long enough, almost making me feel conscious. She kept opening her mouth and closing it again... until she cleared her throat and spoke, a strained chuckle escaping her lips, "I didn't expect you'd bring it up. That caught me off guard."

My cheeks must be so red right now.

"But really, Jen... I was at fault too. You got tired because I wasn't too forward with how I felt, but when I did, it was too late and my actions.. well, I fucked up showing it through my actions," she smiled sadly. "And I was also tad jealous of Andrew when we were still together. You must've sensed my bitterness when you two dated."

I didn't know talking about this would take off the heavy weight in my chest. I just laughed it off, and she did too.

"How are you now though?" I asked, treading on light waters.

She cracked a small smile. "Don't worry, I'm moving on little by little too. And no, I'm not being bitter with whatever's going between you and Junmyeon. I guess I just.. really want to be friends with you."

I know what she means. Seeing her happy is already enough with me. Maybe that's how she sees me too.

"We're just friends though."

She tilted her head, smiling, "Like us, huh?"

"Yeah... maybe."

-

Junmyeon and Bogum were tasked with buying drinks from the nearby store. We also brought some liquor here but they said we needed more.