Chapter 1: Rebirth

"Laika, this is the moment of truth."

"Puppy's burning up."

"Come back home or else..."

"Birds got me."

Moments Later...

"Mooooomy!!! I'm cured!" (I was, but at what cost)

"I feel invincible! I feel like I'm you!"

"It's like the best day of my life!" (More like the worst day of my life)

"But... this means you've lost your powers!"

"..."

"Remember when you asked for advice?"

"Just... learn from my mistakes, will you?" (I wish, I did)

"But mommy!"

Laika's POV

I saw in front of me... The egg. It was unattached and dropped downwards, heading towards the ground. I knew my options were limited at this point, I checked my revolver and saw it only had six bullets left in the chamber. I had to act fast before we're all going to die, that is if I didn't notice my walkie talkie going off which I then immediately answered knowing it was either Puppy or Maya.

"Laika. What the fuck are you doing? Come home now!" Maya told me over the walkie talkie, I sighed before responding. "Mom. I know we had our differences in the past but... listen to me now, this is probably going to be the stupidest thing I've ever done. But at this rate I'm left with no choice... I'm about to save your asses." After saying that my mother fell silent, it was obvious she knew what I meant by that.

"What! Are you nuts?!" She then asked me but I chose to hang up refusing to talk about it more, my mind was made up, my fate was sealed. I immediately fired up my motorcycle as hard as it could possibly handle it, doing a quick drift around and heading towards the exit. Before I knew it, I was now in the sky falling downwards with a plan to destroy that egg bomb but not before I received one last call.

No POV

"You gotta come home! Now!"

"..."

"Love you. Puppy."

Returning to Laika's POV

I proceeded to end the call, now doing flips in a 360 angle as swarms of the remaining birds tried to finish me off. But I managed to take care of them with only five bullets. I had to save the best for last, my face was nothing but cuts, bruises, and blood, it didn't matter however as I aimed my revolver, my finger on trigger aiming directly at the bomb, without any remorse or hesitation, I pulled it. The bullet flew through the air and impacted the bomb. I felt my mind going in slow motion while it exploded and headed in my direction. I had so much else to say to my daughter before I kicked the bucket but... It seems I'll never get the chance to say goodbye, I only had one thing left to do... Cry.

No POV

The bomb exploded, creating a massive fireball as her village along with her mother and daughter watched in silence and sadness. Her daughter was the most devastated by this, to the point that she hid her face behind her grandma, tears streaming down her face as her mind tried to deny what she had seen.

"If only I knew what you have done, leaving me and grandma in this shit world... Alone."

Laika: Aged Through Time

Song plays: Seether - Hang On