Chapter 15: Ashes of The Past P1

FlashBack

(Karakura Town- 10 years ago; Ichigo: Age 9)

Turning back the clock, we come to a bustling little island known as Karakura Town. A town that spanned all the island, buildings and rural areas as far as the eye could see, and friendly citizens by the handful. Just about everyone on the island knew each other, creating a welcoming and encouraging energy. They enjoyed a peaceful life, thanks to being so out of the way, meaning that pirate attacks were few and far between.

It is because of their innocuous, unassuming lifestyle that made the island the perfect target for the dark force that was slowly making its way toward them.

And no one would have expected from where such a threat would come.

(Karakura Dojo)

*Pow!*

"Hey, Ichigo's crying again!" a young girl with dark hair, garbed in a karate gi and a sparring gear, pointed to a downed Ichigo Kurosaki who was crying his eyes out after getting punched by the girl.

"Another win for Tatsuki," a young tanned boy with shaggy brown hair in his eyes sat on the sidelines with other children and two adults.

"What were you expecting? Ichigo never wins," another young girl with a round head and dark hair sighed with a stern look on her face.

"Rukia-chan! You shouldn't say things like that! You have to be nice or Kurosaki-kun will feel worse," a girl with orange hair parted to the left with a barrette admonished the girl. Gaining a ditzy smile she placed her hand near her mouth to project a shout, "Good job, Ichigo-kun, you lasted much longer than before!" she crossed her arms and looked to her friends with a triumphant smile, believing she accomplished something great.

Ichigo seemed to cry even louder when he heard that.

"Yeah, Orihime-chan, that seemed to make him feel better," a 5-year-old girl sat cross-legged with her hand holding her head up and her elbow on top of her knee, an apathetic look on her face while watching her older brother cry.

"Ichi-nii is hurt Karin-chan! You could try being a little nicer!" a girl of similar age shook her sister by the shoulder.

"Isn't he a boy? He shouldn't be crying after getting his ass kicked anyway," Karin calmly answered her sister, ignoring the shaking.

"Seems Ichigo-chan is the same as ever," a young man sweatdropped, watching the fiasco and turned to the assembled children, "And no one seems to care about his pain either."

"Sora! Is that a slight against my parenting?" a man shot up with a loud shout, finally deciding to take action in an over-the-top manner. "Karin!" he pointed dramatically at the girl.

Karin looked to her father with the same apathy she had for most things.

The man walked next to his daughter and put a firm hand onto her shoulder, a resolute and hardened look on his face as he stared off into the distance...ironically the direction where his son was still crying but had at least worked his way to his knees.

"Men are allowed to cry all the same as women. I'd say that real men have to cry...it shows their sensitivity and that they are in tune with their emotions! My son may have lost the battle...but his war..." Isshin began to cry soft tears, "his war has already been won."

"Shouldn't you go help him or something," Karin pried her father's hand off her with nary a look in his direction. She would never humor his stupidity as long as she lived.