CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Exactly twelve o'clock midnight. A mysterious big black van was parked in front of an abandoned building which was overwhelmingly ominous. Two men jumped out of the vehicle. One was dressed in the blue jumpsuit and gold coloured duck mask and the other in a long and warm black trenchcoat. Two other men who were also dressed in the same blue attire, were already waiting for them to lead them inside the building.
                                  "Boss is waiting for you!" One of the men said. "I'm already here , now show me where he is. I've got the valuables," the man in the trenchcoat said in a thick British accent. He snapped his fingers to signal the men to unload the van. He was then soon lead to where his boss was with the "valuables" being carried using a steel trolley behind him.
                                      They arrived at a large hall that had a lonely naked light bulb as the only source of light. Already in there, was a man who was dressed in a blue suit. He was seated dramatically like a boss in a big leather armchair in the middle of the room. His hands were clasped together and were supporting his chin as he anticipated to see what was inside that big wooden box being brought to him.
                                  "Don't waste my time any further Martin Honeywell," The man in the chair said dryly with a hint of threat in his tone. "You're right Sir Dante, here it is....Open it up gentlemen," Martin gestured for the jumpsuit men to open the box.
                                   Sir Dante took his time as he walked slowly to where the box was. Pretty ironic for a guy who had just warned of his time being wasted. A disgusted look was evident on Sir Dante's face the second he laid his eyes  on the contents inside the box.
                                       "Martin, Martin, Martin," Sir Dante said his name thrice in a more threatening tone. "Yes Sir Dante," Martin replied all so confident. "Why are you bringing me plastic organs," Sir Dante pointed to the human organs almost completely covered by dry ice. "Sir, these are real and fresh valuables. They were harvested from the bodies just thirty minutes ago, you can even see blood..."
                        "Gloves!" Sir Dante ordered. Out of the blue  came another jumpsuit guy who handed a pair of industrial gloves to Sir Dante. After wearing them, he reached for the box and took out what looked like a human kidney. He took out a cigarette lighter from his pocket and lighted the thing in his hand. The organ melted instantly upon contact with the flames and a putrid stench of burnt plastic soon filled the whole place.
                                      "I bet the rest of these organs are also plastic!" Sir Dante hissed in anger. "Sir...Sir... I swear... I honestly don't know how that happened...Sir" kneeling down, "believe me Dante..." "That's Sir Dante to you," "sorry Sir Dante. Please believe me ..." Martin was punched hard on the face by Sir Dante who still had the gloves on. He did that a couple more times until he eventually became tired. Martin was by then put in place by the jumpsuit men.
                                   Martin earned himself a fine black eyes and a pretty neat bloody and broken nose. His face seemed as if he was mauled by a very angry chimpanzee. Sir Dante was then beyond angry. He then took of his jacket and gave it to one of the jumpsuit men.
                                 Using both of his hands he grabbed Martin's neck and started choking him."Do you know we are about to loose fifty million dollars because of your stupidity! Who were you trying to con either way!" Sir Dante said.

"Sir... you are.... killing....me!"

"That's the point!"

"Sir ... I'll... make...it...up"

Squeezing his throat even tighter, "And  how are you... wait, maybe you might be on to something," He released his tight grip from Martin's neck.

                                 Martin was left coughing violently as Sir Dante went to his chair. He opened a compartment which was in one of the chair's arm. He then took out the sheath of a knife.

                               Martin's eyes widened the second he saw Sir Dante walking towards him with a sharp object in his hand."Sir... what..." coughing, "what are you doing?" Coughing. Sir Dante didn't reply but only kept his cold stare on nothing but him. Once Sir Dante reached where kneeling and almost breathless Martin was, he plunged the dagger in his stomach without a warning.
                                        The sounds of squishy, slimy and bloody organs being literally yanked out of Martin's body soon filled the room. Sir Dante managed to pull out most of Martin's vital organs including his kidneys, liver and lungs. Sir Dante even plucked out Martin's eyeballs. "I hope you lead a healthy lifestyle, Martin," He said sarcastically to the dead person as he quickly put the harvested organs on the box that had the dry ice. His outfit as well as the floor he was standing on was stained with Martin's blood.

                   "My work here is done Gentlemen, make sure you get rid of all those fake organs in that box and leave the real ones for shipment. And don't forget to clean this place up!" Those were Sir Dante's last words before he left.

                       .......

                            "Enjoying your coffee Mr Smith?" A male voice Chase recognised quite well was heard after entering his office. Chase was facing the window with a mug full of black coffee. He watched as  the sun rose and painted his body orange with its rays while sipping the coffee. "Nothing tastes sweeter than hot, sugarless and black coffee," Chase replied sarcastically.
                               "Sorry to ruin your little moment but, we need to discuss this urgently!" Chase swiveled his brown leather office chair to face his desk. His once relaxed state quickly changed to a tense one once he saw his senior Inspector Daniels.
                        "I thought we were done. What am I hearing that you're  still continuing with the investigation?"

"What makes you think that that's the leader we've caught?"

Throws a file on Chase's desk,"Maybe you need to check this file again. It carries evidence you know,"

"Sir, I have a feeling the business man's death was just a plan to misguide us the police..."

"Mr Smith will you just stop! This case has been going on for four years now. It's draining our time and resources,"

" You call thousands of innocent people's lives, children being one of them a waste of time?"

"NO! I am saying that the leader of the trafficking ring has been found dead in his mansion and so as the documentation containing information on illegal selling of human beings. I order you to stop what you are doing..."

"A knife was found next to the white man's body. It was made from Dr Ricardo Dante's kitchenware company, Let's cook,"

Scrunching his face,"What are you trying to imply Mr Smith?"

"That was a custom made piece . It's handle was  made out of a very expensive turtle's skin,"

Inspector Daniels stared in expectation.

"Someone killed Martin Honeywell and made it look like he killed himself using that knife,"   

"And you think the Nobel prize winner medical doctor and owner of a kitchenware company was behind all this?"

Chase slowly nods.

"You've got to be kidding me. Have you even thought that Martin Honeywell was also a rich man and he too was capable of buying himself an expensive custom made knife. Plus why would a very busy doctor slash businessman kill someone whom he evidently  had no ties with be it medical wise  or business wise.

"I beg to differ!"

"YOU BEG NOTHING! And because of your insubordination, you are hereby suspended for a month!

"Excuse me!"

"You forced me to do this. The  investigation is over and that's final! Take this punishment as a warning if you dare defy my orders again!" Inspector Daniels said and literally marched out of Chase's office.

                                Chase did not even get a chance to process what just happened to him when his phone suddenly vibrated in his trouser pocket. Taking it out, a text message written in bold capital letters, "SHE COLLAPSED!" was plastered on the screen. With that, he took off.

 Thanks for reading. Updates are coming gradually.😋😁🙂