Mother and daughter

The winter breeze once again caressed the small island, encompassing both the city and the naval area. Twinkling lights adorned every corner, transforming residences into a magical display of flickering colors.

Families inside their homes eagerly awaited the Christmas Eve that would begin in just a couple of hours. Residences near the port dazzled the surroundings with lively celebrations among fleet members.

But amid these festive atmospheres, there was a small area near the main residence, surrounded by both a serene melody of harmonious music and a cold breeze that, despite its chill, gently embraced anyone nearby.

At the heart of this serene calmness stood a mansion adorned with luminous garlands. It belonged to a warm and loving family, consisting of a lazy father, a beautiful wife, and a sweet daughter.

In the main hall where the Christmas tree stood, mother and daughter shared a tender moment. The beautiful woman carefully lifted her little angel into the air while she laughed joyfully, like a sweet melody.

Eugen-chan: Mommy! Mommy! Higher!

Prinz Eugen: My dear angel~ Mommy will be sad if you end up turning into an aircraft carrier at this rate~

Eugen-chan: Hehehe~♪

Under the glow of the shimmering lights, Prinz Eugen and her beloved daughter continued this charming family moment as if they were dancing in front of the Christmas tree. Both warmly smiled at each other.

Eugen-chan, with her eyes filled with happiness, eagerly anticipated her dear mother lifting her into the air once more. It was a magical moment for the little one as the atmosphere was sweetened by a Christmas melody.

It seemed like nothing could interrupt this warm moment between mother and daughter, but suddenly, Eugen-chan's gaze, which had only been focused on her dear mother, shifted slightly to a sofa near the fireplace.

Eugen-chan: Mommy, do you think daddy will wake up soon?

Prinz Eugen: . . . . . .

A bitter smile blossomed on Prinz Eugen's face at her dear daughter's unexpected question. A bead of cold sweat fell from her cheek as her gaze wavered, trying to avoid Eugen-chan's eyes.

Her little angel had a tender expression of sincere honesty on her face. Her cheeks slightly sweetened by a chamomile hue, and her eyes sparkled reflecting innocence. A daughter who truly loved her parents.

Prinz Eugen: We-well, about that... He worked hard for today's Christmas preparations, so he'll probably wake up in a while.. Ahahaha...

Eugen-chan tilted her head slightly in doubt; there was something strange in her dear mother's tone, but the little one didn't suspect anything. Meanwhile, Prinz Eugen discreetly glanced at the Commander who was unconscious on the sofa.

Prinz Eugen: (Did I perhaps overdo it...?)