"Hi love." Jude replies. It's so odd to hear him speak this way with someone else.

"You okay?" She asks.

"Yeah, just driving around getting a few things for gio's party." He explains.

"Fun." Her voice is all innocent and vibrant and it annoys me a little. She actually sounds nice.

"Are you coming to the party?" He asks. Hate that he did.

"I have to see amor. I will try. Promise."

"Okay. No worries if you can't." He smiles to himself. It's an actual genuine smile.

"Have fun, call me later."

"Will do." He nods.

"Love you. Bye."

"Love you too. Bye." The words wrap around me like metal chains. It's so weird to hear him speak this way to someone that's not me.

"Sorry." Jude apologises. Don't know why he is.

"No, it's cool."

"She seems nice." I add

"Yeah, she's great." He smiles a little.

"She's from Spain right?" I ask. I already know she is. Her accent makes that very evident. So I don't know why I asked.

"Yeah she is." He answers.

"Her apartments only ten minutes away from mine. Which is...good." Jude shares.

"Yes, that is good." I agree.

"She's close. Better that way. Can actually spend time together." He says.

"Yes I suppose it is...better." I continue to stare out of the window. Remain quiet as we drive.

We stop off at a party decorations shop. I tell Jude he can wait in the car because I don't need help. The reality is, I need to get away from him. It's all too much.

I come out as quickly as I go in, with big twenty three balloons in my hands along with a few packets of the ones you blow up yourself.

Jude gets out of the car as soon as he sees me approaching.

"Here, let me help you." He opens the boot and then takes the big balloons out of my hand. Our hands brush accidentally and we lock eyes.

"Thank you." I look away. Walking to my side of the car to get in.

He gets in too and starts the car up.

"All done?" He asks

"Yes." I nod. Eyes back on the window

"Are we taking these back to Chloe's?" He asks.

"Yeah. She's going to hide it." I tell him

"She probably won't have to with how oblivious Gio is." He laughs. Attempting to joke with me but I'm not particularly in the mood.

The car ride remains silent the rest of the journey. All the way until Chloe and gio's house where we move in all of the flowers and balloons into her house.

"Thanks so much for this guys." She says as we place the last of the items into their spare room that she locks behind us.

"You're welcome." I smile politely.

"You sure he's not gonna see this stuff?" Jude laughs, leaning against the hallway wall.

"He doesn't pay much attention to anything." Chloe laughs.

"He definitely doesn't." Jude laughs.

Silence ensues once again as the laughter dies down. Chloe can feel the tension as she looks between Jude and I who are trying to look anywhere but each other.

"Alright, I'm gonna go." Jude pushes off the wall.

"Thanks so much again." Chloe thanks as she begins to walk Jude to the door.

"No problem, I'll see you for dinner tomorrow. What time?" He asks stopping at the door. Great, another time I have to socialise with my ex.

"Eight."

He nods, says goodbye and then leaves.

I huff as chloe turns back to me.

"Thank you so much." She flashes me an appreciative smile.

"I need a large glass of wine." I sigh walking into the living room. Chloe laughs following me in.

— this chapter was ass I may
Re-write later