33: Birthday Present

Start from the beginning

"Miss, these are luxury watches. I would suggest coming back another day so you can get a close look and make sure you buy exactly what you want." He leans with his weight on my arm, but I still won't budge.

"I can't! My boyfriend's birthday is tomorrow."

"I'm sorry, but if you don't remove your arm, I will have to call security!"

"Please!" I begged. "It will only take a few seconds. I will literally point to the first watch that catches my eye and I'll be out of here."

I bite my lip nervously as the man looked at me questionably.

"I could get fired because of this, so if you're not out in a minute, I'll call security." He releases the door and I scurry in before he could change his mind.

"Thank you so much," I sigh in relief. I don't have time to rub my sore arm, since I immediately walk around and took a brief scan of the watches. All of them are very shiny and eye-catching, making it very difficult to find one that especially stands out. I spot one that isn't too flashy, since Ahaan has always been more sporty. It has a dark blue center and a silver strap, with gold aand cream hands and accents. It looks fancy, but not too extravagant. Perfect for any future interviews Ahaan may have.

"This blue one please."

"Miss," the man looks hesitantly at me, "that's valued at-"

"I'll take it," I nod.

"Alright then." He takes it out from the locked displays and begins to click on the register. What will you be paying with today?"

Shoot, I used all my cash for the foot massager.

"Here," I hand him my credit card and after finishing the transaction, he hands me the watch that was now placed in a sleek, white box.

"Here's the receipt just in case you want to return it."

"Oh... Thanks." Weird. Why does he think I might want to return it? Is it too ugly maybe? Too late now. I just hope Ahaan likes it.

The doors were soon going to be locked, so I shove the receipt into the pocket of my jacket and scramble outside. Also, it's a good thing my whole family are deep sleepers, because Dad fell asleep with the foot massager running loudly all night.

It's the next day