32: Perfectly Imperfect

Start from the beginning

"Do I look ready?" I ask sarcastically, pointed to my tangled, oily bed head and oversized and stained pajamas.

"You look perfect," he beams.

"You look nice." I pat his hair. "How long does it take you to do your hair anyways? It always looks so cute."

"Not long. I kinda put some water in it and then I shake my hair. It ends up being this way."

"I hate you."

"Why?" Ahaan asks, taken back.

"Cause you're perfect without trying."

Relieved I wasn't actually upset with him, Ahaan jumps onto the bed with me and tightly wraps his arms and legs around me, resting his chin on top of my head.

"How did you get in the house anyways?" I ask.

"Your dad let me in just as he was leaving."

"Oh. Is it awkward?"

"Not really. I told him long ago I liked you."

"Wow, so my dad knew before I did."

"That's your fault. I probably confessed to you a billion times, but you never took me seriously."

"It's not that I didn't take you seriously... I just didn't think that you would actually like-"

Ahaan kisses me abruptly. "Of course I do."

Blushing, I change the topic, "Are we going to stay like this all day?"

"Can't we?" He whines.

"No, we have to go on this date. I've been stressing all morning. If we skip today, I think I might stress until the next one."

"Aw, you're nervous? How cute!" Ahaan pinches my cheeks and pulls them apart so that my lips stretched apart. I roll away to escape him.

"Wait here while I get ready."

"Fine." He goes to my desk to pick off a piece of lettuce out of the plate and hands it to Wilbur. With Ahaan occupied as he gently pets Wilbur's head, I slipped away with t-shirt dress and shorts.

When I got out of the bathroom, wet hair tied into a messy bun, Ahaan had taken it upon himself to organize my apocalyptic room

When I got out of the bathroom, wet hair tied into a messy bun, Ahaan had taken it upon himself to organize my apocalyptic room. Not only is Ahaan perfect, his room is always as well.

"Thanks for helping me clean. All I've been doing is sleeping and eating," I embarrassingly admit.

"Can't say I'm surprised. Ready to go?" Ahaan finishes placing my pens and pencils back into the cup on my desk.

"Yeah."

We go downstairs and get into his car. I'm honestly disappointed its not his motorcycle... since we would sit close... and I would have to hug- WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, ISHQI? I swear I'm getting weirder by the day!