"Why did you come so early? We were going to meet at school anyway. I knew giving you my spare key was a mistake," Mathew questioned, attempting to dissect Eric's questionable morning activities with the finesse of a detective solving a perplexing case.

"You spent the whole of yesterday with... with that thing, and you didn't even bother coming to class," Eric pointed out, a hint of disapproval in his tone, as if he had stumbled upon a clandestine affair.

"Her name is Mia, and she's not a thing; she's a person," Mathew defended, uncertainty dancing in his voice as he tried to convey the gravity of his newfound friendship.

"But she's not even human, man! She's some colossal carnivore," Eric protested, struggling to fathom the situation, his hands gesturing wildly as if he could conjure an explanation from thin air.

"She is human at heart, plus they have veggies on her planet too, you know. So she's an omnivore, just like you," Mathew explained, hoping to shed light on Mia's dietary habits and bridge the intergalactic culinary gap.

"So, what? They eat salad with a side of human-stuffed pie?" Eric retorted, his skepticism apparent, his imagination running wild with bizarre extraterrestrial feasts.

"They don't even have humans on their planet. How would they create recipes involving humans when they can't even see any?" Mathew reasoned, his attempt to diffuse the absurdity of the conversation with a touch of interstellar logic.

"You haven't been there, so how do you know?" Eric pressed, injecting a dose of skepticism into the discussion, challenging the credibility of Mathew's cosmic claims.

"She told me," Mathew defended, putting some faith in Mia's narrative, even though he was well aware of the incredulity it might evoke.

"You believed her? How do you know she's not lying? It's not like you have some kind of built-in lie-detecting machine, do you?" Eric challenged, his mock suspicion laid bare, questioning the reliability of Mathew's extraterrestrial truth detector.

"Well, I don't have time for this. I still have to get ready for school, you know," Mathew said, attempting to steer the conversation away from the interstellar rabbit hole they were diving into.

"And spend the whole of today again with her," Eric said, a tinge of concern evident in his voice as he envisioned Mathew's continued entanglement with the otherworldly Mia.

"If she calls, I'll answer," Mathew said, his loyalty to his newfound friend evident despite the peculiarities of their friendship.

"You'll be missing out on lectures. Remember what happened to your namesake Mathew because of a bad grade," Eric said, attempting to ground Mathew in the reality of earthly responsibilities.

"I know, but she's my friend, or at least I want her to be. Think of it as a ticket to a life bully-free," Mathew said, his desire for some sort of connection overcoming the fear of academic consequences.

"And you think she won't bully you too with such a vast size difference?" Eric said, raising an eyebrow in a display of practical concern.

"She wouldn't want to if we are friends," Mathew said, his optimism shining through despite the looming shadow of skepticism.

"Have you heard of a predator becoming friends with its prey?, it's like saying a bird suddenly falls in love with a worm," Eric said, voicing the doubts that had been gnawing at him since

"She doesn't eat people. She jokes about it, but she wouldn't," Mathew said, his conviction unwavering as he tried to convince himself.

"You know how some animals like playing with their food before they eat it? That's exactly what is happening to you," Eric said, his skepticism escalating to a level that bordered on genuine concern, painting a vivid picture of Mathew as the unwitting protagonist in a cosmic game of hide-and-seek.