CHAPTER 1 -Kame Island-

Start from the beginning

The salty breeze tousled my hair as I stood there, staring out at the vast expanse of the ocean. The rhythmic sounds of waves crashing against the shore echoed in my ears, creating a soothing symphony that momentarily distracted me from the nervous anticipation bubbling within.

Five long years had passed since Killua and I, once inseparable best friends, last saw each other. Life's unpredictable journey had led us down separate paths, but the promise of a reunion on this remote island was enough to rekindle the anticipation of our shared adventures.

Impatience crept in as I pulled out my phone, and scrolled through my contacts, finding Killua's name before pressing the call button. The phone rang, each tone echoing the seconds that felt like an eternity.

"I wonder where he is?" I muttered to myself, a mix of excitement and anxiety bubbling up inside. I glanced around the port, hoping to catch a glimpse of his silver-haired emerging from the crowd.

After what seemed like an agonizing wait, Killua's voice finally crackled through the phone speakers. "Ah, Killua. Where are you? I arrived at the port half an hour ago."

"Sorry, Gon. I've got my hands full with Alluka here. She said she wanted to buy some refreshments. I guess we'll be arriving in another ten minutes." Killua said with a mix of apology and urgency in his tone.

Relief flooded through me as I clutched the phone tighter with an awkward smile. "You sure are a doting brother, huh, Killua?"

"What'd you say--?! I don't have a sis-com!"

"I never said anything about that..." I had a sweat drop at his comment.

But then, as the conversation unfolded, a scent, delicate and hauntingly familiar, reached my nostrils. The fragrance cut through the briny air, a scent I had vowed to never forget. Killua's voice became a distant murmur as I found myself captivated by the scent.

'This smell...' My eyes widened in recognition.

Cherry blossoms.

The cherry blossom scent, a hauntingly sweet reminder of shared memories, beckoned me, and I found myself compelled to follow its delicate trail.

"Oi, Gon, what's wrong?"

"Sorry Killua, I'll call you back in a bit," I uttered, ending the call without waiting for his response.

"Oi, Gon, You're hanging up on me? Gon!--"

'There's no mistake!'

Navigating through the labyrinth pathways of the port, the scent grew stronger with every step, mingling with the salty sea air. The anticipation in the air was palpable, an unspoken promise lingering as I turned a corner and entered a small clearing.

Memories long suppressed began to resurface. It was a fragrance I had promised myself to never forget, a scent that held both the sweetness of the past and the bitterness of loss. Yet, here on this remote island, the aroma grew stronger with each step.

'I never forget this scent.'

Rounding a bend, the port opened up to reveal a small clearing with a crowd of people. And there, standing amidst the crowd, was a figure bathed in the soft glow of the setting sun. My breath caught in my throat.

At the center of the crowd stood a young woman with long, flowing black hair that danced in the gentle breeze. Her obsidian black eyes were filled with a mixture of warmth and joy.

A bright smile adorned her face, and the radiance seemed to illuminate the entire clearing. My heart raced as I took in the familiar features that time had failed to erase. The girl I thought I had lost forever was right there in front of me, vibrant and alive.