《114》

In the following days, there was no fast-forwarding as Shao Ci had anticipated. Shao Ci wasn't sure if something important was about to happen during these days, so he dared not leave Kevin's side. Although the sacrificial ritual was supposed to take place when Kevin came of age, who knew if something unexpected might occur, prompting an earlier sacrifice? Given the central computer's malevolent nature, Shao Ci thought it was quite possible.

On the other hand, Kevin, who now had an additional hand that couldn't be used, became even more dependent on Shao Ci. This dependency had reached an almost pathological level. The awkwardness he previously displayed was completely gone; Kevin now stuck to Shao Ci 24/7. He even became anxious if he didn't see Shao Ci for a while.

Shao Ci felt a peculiar sense of pride in looking after Kevin, even though he found it somewhat bothersome. However, understanding that Kevin, a young and beautiful man, had recently lost the use of his hands and might be frightened, Shao Ci couldn't help but feel a mysterious tenderness toward him.

If it were the adult Kevin with such a dark heart, acting clingy like now, Shao Ci would definitely tell him to go away.

Thinking about it, if an ordinary person had to take care of Kevin, they would have been exhausted long ago. Only because Shao Ci was a player did he find it acceptable. The family was too stingy; they should have sent more servants over...

While accompanying Kevin, Shao Ci kept an eye on the movements in the castle with his spiritual power. Currently, his spiritual power couldn't observe the entire castle like a surveillance monitor, but if anything went wrong, he could definitely detect it first.

However, in these few days, there were hardly any incidents. The most significant event was Richard almost getting in trouble for harassing someone outside. Since being scared by Shao Ci that one time and subsequently intimidated by Shao Ci's spiritual power the next day, Richard didn't dare to do anything again.

After casually checking outside, Shao Ci returned to the room holding water, only to find Kevin sitting on the bed, tightly clutching the blanket, waiting for him.

The young man's face became even paler, his delicately handsome face filled with unease. His clothes, slightly oversized, emphasized his slender figure. In the moment he saw Shao Ci, his eyes suddenly lit up.

Shao Ci couldn't resist Kevin's gaze, especially the way Kevin looked at him. In those light blue eyes, only Shao Ci's reflection was imprinted, as if he were Kevin's entire world.

Upon closer thought, it did seem that way. In this castle where everyone despised or feared Kevin, where even family couldn't be trusted, Shao Ci was the only person Kevin could rely on.

For a moment, Shao Ci felt the burden on his shoulders become a bit heavier. In fact, he had initially considered whether to just kill Kevin outright... He hadn't completely given up on that idea yet, and he felt a bit guilty thinking about it.

"Where did you go?" Kevin seized the opportunity to ask directly, "After I woke up... I didn't see you..."

"I went to get some water." Shao Ci had gotten used to it these days and explained, "You must be thirsty now." This time, he dared to go out for water only after seeing Kevin fall asleep. Who would have thought Kevin would wake up so quickly?

Holding a cup of water, Shao Ci walked up to Kevin, who immediately embraced him.

Only in Shao Ci's embrace could Kevin find peace of mind.

"Don't go out in the future..." Kevin whispered, "As long as you stay by my side, it's enough..."

"What about eating and drinking?" Shao Ci chuckled, "You'd starve if you don't eat." Of course, he didn't have that problem.