《73》

Arc 5: Western

Shao Ci has traveled again.

This world can be considered a Western fantasy-themed Xuanhuan novel, with backgrounds such as elves and mermaids, but the role is not prominent.

However, unlike typical Xuanhuan novels, this one starts with tragedy and ends with happiness... It's a common type of story.

The male lead, Bryce, is the son of a count, but he lives a miserable life. He is despised by his father and has a lower status in the family than the servants. His younger brother even steals all the limelight from him.

After he displays his strength, his originally terrible father suddenly changes his attitude and sends him to the Imperial Magic Academy.

However, Bryce is actually the reincarnation of a part of the soul of the Dark God, and his mother is the Saint of the Dark Church.

In this world's setting, people from the Dark Church are despised by everyone. This fact is quickly discovered by the Church, and Bryce is betrayed by his loved ones and almost killed.

After escaping, Bryce completely becomes corrupted, becoming extremely sick. In order to become stronger, he resorts to any means necessary and eventually becomes a god. The whole continent falls into chaos as a result.

Shao Ci: "..." The protagonist's role is even more villainous than the actual villain.

And now, Shao Ci has transmigrated into a white fluff ball.

A fluff ball with green bean-sized eyes and short, almost invisible claws.

Shao Ci has read the original text and knows that this is a type of magical beast (calling it a magical beast is an overstatement) with no attack power. It not only lacks combat ability, but even its taste is unremarkable. Its only advantage is that it looks cute, making it a popular pet among noble ladies and children.

Shao Ci: "..." In the previous worlds, even if I wasn't human, I could at least maintain a humanoid form. But in this world, I've become a fluff ball. What the heck is going on?!

【Because the host's soul was too exhausted in the previous world, it needs to rest.】

Shao Ci: "Resting doesn't mean turning into a fluff ball!"

But since the system said so, there's no other choice. Besides, being in the form of a pet can prevent the capture targets from becoming corrupted again.

Shao Ci suddenly feels that this might not be a bad idea.

【Due to the special circumstances, the host is given a three-day protection period, during which the host does not need to bind to a capture target.】

Shao Ci: "..." It feels like this protection period is completely useless.

Then, as a fluff ball, Shao Ci was quickly bought and given to Lord Count Garcia, the lord of this territory.

Count Garcia is a strict-looking middle-aged man with a very ordinary appearance. He is a third-tier mage.

In this world, mages hold the highest status and have the strongest power. However, people with mage talent are very rare. Even a first-tier mage can receive preferential treatment in small cities.

And leveling up is very difficult. A third-tier mage like Count Garcia is already considered a powerful figure respected by everyone in this territory.

However, this is also because this territory is quite remote and far from the capital.

As for those who do not have mage talent, they can only become warriors. If they can become knights of the seventh or eighth rank, their status is also very high.