Chapter 6: Playing Along

Miho's Dorm, Schoolship Zuikaku

Later that night...

"YOU BASTARD!" Kirito screamed into his phone as Miho entered her dorm. He was playing World of Panzer: Baedeker, as usual and he was killed by in his opinion, a 'lucky shot' to the ammo rack, immediately ending any chances of his survival.

"Tadaima! Language, Kirito!" Miho berated as she entered the dorm.

"Okaeri, Miho!" Kirito exclaimed from his position on the couch. "You can say it too!"

"No thanks, Kirito." Mibo said as she took a seat at the table in the middle of the couch and bed.

"Your loss, you fudging bench!" Kirito exclaimed, Miho laughing at the remark.

"Anzu said she would 'pull some strings', and will hopefully allow you to enroll into Ooarai." Miho said to Kirito's joy, although he did not know who this Anzu is.

"However on one condition."

"What's the condition?"

"You'll have to join as the 38(t)'s radio operator."

"What's a 38(t)?"

An akward silence befell the room as Miho remembered that Kirito wasn't that knowledgable about tanks. And Kirito, trying his hardest to find it in the German Tech Tree.

"It's a german light tank used early in the war, you'll learn more with the history girls." Miho said.

"Yeah, i can do that, as long as i get to do some Sensha-dō." Kirito said.

"Why do you want to do Sensha-dō, Kirito?" Miho asked curiously, he had listened to her story right?

"I had an epiphany after playing so much Baedeker, that day i just woke up, i wanted to be in a tank." Kirito lied. He couldn't reveal the true reason to anyone... yet.

"Alright, but Sensha-dō isn't all fun and games all the time." Miho remarked, recounting the events where she tried to save Koume's crew in that Panzer III.

"Don't worry Miho, i'll be the best radio operator i can, it isn't that hard, right?" Kirito remarked.

"Yeah, you just have to operate the radio, and you can use the hull machine gun." Miho answered.

"What's a hull machine gun?"

"Yeah i'm not convinced you actually know about tanks aside from their appearances in Baedeker."

"Forgive me, great tank commander Nishizumi Miho!"

"Oh, Anzu is going to try to get you a Sensha-dō scholarship, so you don't have to pay the tuition." Miho said.

"Who is Anzu? By the way." Kirito asked.

"Student council president." Miho said, Kirito remembered the interrogation he took part in, and his face drooped when he heard what position she held.

"Atleast she's helping us." Kirito said with his head still drooped, which he fixed after his short memory of the event ended.

"Yeah, but you'll need to cooperate with us here then." Miho said.

"I'm all ears." Kirito said, ready to cooperate.

"Anzu is gonna craft a false identity for you with the help of St. Gloriana's Sensha-dō commander, Darjeeling, well if she agrees. I'll tell you everything about the false identity once Anzu gets Darjeeling to help her." Miho said.

"St. Gloriana? Darjeeling? I am very confused." Kirito remarked, his brain being fried.

"St. Gloriana is another school that practices Sensha-dō, they're bigger than Ooarai by a lot. They mainly use British tanks as their tanks for Sensha-dō. As for Darjeeling, she is the commander of St. Gloriana's Sensha-dō team, the weird name is because St. Gloriana of naming their best students after tea." Miho explained.