Chapter 1: The World with Tanks

November 7, 2024 Unknown Place, Unknown

Kazuto "Kirito" Kirigaya/Narusaka wakes up in a dirt path near a bridge, the area was surrounded by trees and nothing else. He looks around confused, the area looked nothing like his room, or the hospital he was presumably taken to. He didnt know, but a mysterious portal teleported his ingame avatar into a new universe, with him still controlling it. He still wore the outfit he wore back in SAO but the Elucidator and Dark Repulsor were gone.

Then, a memory of SAO quickly played in his head. The memory is about a girl with chesnut hair and hazel eyes smiling near a lake. His eyes began to tear up.

"Asuna" he muttered to himself. Suddenly, the ground begun to shake. He hears the sound of an engine going towards him. He hears two more engines as he moves to try and hide whatever is coming.

*BOOM* *BOOM*

He had heard two explosions from the north. His expression was that of fear as he rushed to find a hiding spot.

*BOOM* *BOOM*

The three engines and two explosions got closer to where Kirito was. He has now found a hiding spot, he was hiding in the trees and bushes on the left side near the bridge.

One engine became very loud, that could only mean one thing. He looked out of his hiding spot to see what it is.

It was a tank, the last thing he expected, he initially thought it was some kind of car. He was horrified at this discovery. But as he looked back again, he discovered something unusual.

A girl with Brown hair is leaning out of a door on the left side. He wanted to warn her about the explosions he has been hearing, but decided not to as she was in a tank.

The tank then stopped infront of the bridge as the girl with brown hair jumped down and began to guide the tank. As she jumped down, Kirito saw two people emerge from the turret and the hull of the tank. The one who emerged from turret, has long orange hair. The one who emerged from the hull has Black hair.

He couldn't see them very well but had saw their distinct hair.

"Its dangerous to get out now!" The one with brown hair said as she lands on the ground. Kirito had recognized this language and predicted he was in Japan. Kirito is now worrying about the Brown haired girl as there were four explosions earlier.

"We've probably got time until the next round, so i'm fine!" A reply came from the tank. Kirito now began to get confused, "next round" what did she mean by that?

The brown haired girl began to run to the bridge to possibly guide the tank through the thin bridge.

"Advance slowly!" She shouted an order to the tank. The tank began to move as the brown haired girl guided it through its the thin bridge. Kirito now began to worry even more, other than the four explosions, he feared that the tank might break the bridge.

The brown haired girl did different hand signals to communicate with the tank. The tank was getting too close to the left, she gestures them to go right.

When the tank tried to move right, however it accidentally moved to left before colliding with a rope that was helping to hold the bridge together.