23. 𝙲𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝙱𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚜

Start from the beginning

As he steps on a small puddle, it freezes instantly as his vision glowed bright blue.

"Well, it seems I'll need to explain with a... different approach." She said, as she placed a hand on her mouth, Electro particles formed on the air around her as her eyes now had a bright purple tone.

========

"What's happening outside...? So noisy..." A small purple haired girl spoke, as she yawned, she had slept while sitting on a wooden chair, naturally she felt tired, as her neck hurt.

The girl was inside a plain and empty room, the walls were made of wood, which had been painted red. There was barely any furniture in it, albeit for a few chairs, tables and a bed.

She looked in front of her, at the bed, where a purple haired boy layed, apparently sleeping.

After stretching, she stood up, and opened the door attempting to see what was happening outside. Usually, there was a small hallway that led to outside, however she was slightly shocked when the walls had been apparently destroyed, as multiple large holes had been made in them.

To sum it all up, there were large signals of a battle here.

She felt scared to walk further beyond, as whatever happened here could also happen to the room the boy was inside of.

"Yuri!" She said, as she opened the door behind her, and quickly grabbed the boy's unconscious body, carrying him on her back. He was lighter than her, which made it possible for her to carry him around.

While walking, she made sure to not let herself be seen by anyone. It was a skill she had enhanced by herself in her childhood. She could even sneak past Y/N when he was distracted if she wanted to.

Carefully looking ahead, she made it out of the shrine. She hadn't seen whoever had destroyed the shrine yet, and she wasn't able to decide if that was a good or a bad thing to happen.

Either way, she kept walking, as she could now see the stairway that led back to the ground.

However, her instincts quickly alerted her of a person around, as she carried Yuri's body, dashing towards a tree, and hiding behind it.

Afterwards, she could hear the faint sounds of footsteps. It was barely audible, but enough to make her know someone was walking behind her.

She was planning on leaving immediately after this person went away, however, it seemed her brother had other plans, as he began groaning while unconscious. "W-what? Y-Yuri! N-not now!" The girl whispered, as the small sound seemed to be enough to catch the person's attention, who stopped walking.

"Who is there?" Said the person, but the girl freezed at the voice, but not out of fear, but of... familiarity. She quickly turned her head to see behind the tree, and she was able to see a man, with a black cape, he wore black clothes and golden gauntlets, with a golden feather in his hair.

"Y/N?" She spoke, shocked, as the man suddenly dashed towards her, and pulled her for a hug, embracing her on his arm.

"Hana. It's me. I'm back." Y/N said, as he placed a hand on her hair, caressing it. Hana stood in shock for a second, before finally accepting the hug, and pulling him even tighter. "Y-Y/N... Y-you... *sniff* you took so long..." Her voice cracked, as they ended the hug, the girl carefully placing Yuri's unconscious body on the floor, resting with his back to the tree.

"I'm sorry I took too long." He said, as he looked at Yuri. He placed a hand on his cheek, almost as if to check if he was alive.

"... What happened...? Where's the fox woman...?" Hana asked, as Y/N looked into the destroyed shrine for a second, before turning back to her. "I took care of her. She... She won't take you two again. I promise." He said, his face was serious, his eyes had seeming regained their energy.