x. snake bite

-ˋˏ [     EVERMORE,    ] ˎˊ-
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍  ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
❛ SNAKE BITE. ❜

     SELAH KEPT QUIET AS CORIOLANUS AND CLEMENSIA TALKED WITH EACH OTHER FROM BESIDE HER. Dean Highbottom had called for the two of them sometime into the sessions with their tributes, claiming Dr.Gaul wished to see them. Coriolanus had been the one to suggest Selah tag along, to which Highbottom did not argue with at all.

She wasn't sure why Coriolanus insisted she come with them, as she had been no help to him with writing the proposal. Though, she doubted Clemensia had anything to do with it either. All she wanted was his credit and he was fool to Selah if he did not realize that.

As they entered Dr.Gauls office, all three teenagers were entranced by the glass containers that entrapped weird looking creatures. Clemensia grimaced as she looked at each one of them.

Selah went stiff as she suddenly felt a presence behind her. His scent engulfed her, sending a wave of nervousness throughout her body. Why was she reacting this way? She cleared her throat, turning to face him. Coriolanus met her eyes for a moment, a small smile on his lips, before he looked at the creature in front of them. Selah too turned back around, trying not to hyperfixate on the way Coriolanus's front was basically flushed against her back. She wanted it to make her feel uncomfortable, but her body chose to react in a way where it seemed she wanted more.

Coriolanus reached his arm across Selah's shoulder, knocking softly on the glass tube. The creature inside jolted a bit at the sudden disturbance, but it's eyes never opened.

"Mr.Snow," Gauls voice boomed out, startling everyone. Selah immediately tensed at the woman's voice as she subconsciously fixed her already perfect posture. "Ms.Dovecote. Oh, and Ms.Ravens, what a lovely surprise. Come and see my new babies, yes?"

     She gave them a small wink before trailing back into her office. Selah looked up at Coriolanus, realizing just how close they were when his jagged breath mixed with her own. They both stared at each other for a beat longer before he cleared his throat and placed a guiding hand on her lower back.

     Sparks shot all throughout her body.

    Timidly, the three of them followed after their President, cautiously looking around. Coriolanus let his hand drop from Selah's back as they made their way up the steps to a large tank full of snakes. Selah felt herself swallow harshly, not liking the idea of being so close to hundred snakes. She positioned herself on the other side of Coriolanus, closest to the edge, and farthest away from the snakes.

"Is there a point of the color?" Clemensia asked, arms folded in front of her.

"There's a point to everything, Ms.Dovecote, or to nothing at all," Gaul answered sharply. "Which brings me to your proposal. Which one of you three actually wrote it?"

"Well-" Coriolanus began, only to be cut off my Clemensia.

"I was inspired by Coriolanus's ideas yesterday, of course. But the sponsorships, the gifts in the arena, those were all mine."

"Oh, you lying-" Coriolanus reached his hand into Selah's giving it a tight squeeze indicating her to not saying anything further. After all, calling your classmate a lying bastard in front of the President probably wasn't the best look.