041. barn wedding

Everybody is at the ranch for the opening of Stella and Liam's horse rescue. Janie is standing around a table with her siblings, grandparents, Geri, Cassie, and Trey. She hears yelling and exclamations, looking over to see her dad hugging Captain James. She frowns in confusion, but given her dad is grinning, assumes it's good news.

Janie looks at Cassie in question, the woman shrugging, not knowing what would cause the excitement.

Abilene goes over after the two men hug another time.

"Um, what's going on?" Abilene asks as the two.

"Well, uh, Abby, Bonham, Kelly and I are getting married. Re-- I got my wife back." James informs.

Abilene lets out an excited laugh, clapping.

"Congratulations." Bonham tells him.

"Wait, what about "married?"" Cassie asks.

"Kelly and I are getting married again." Larry informs as he hugs Abilene.

"What? Cap, congratulations." Cassie hugs him. "That's amazing."

"Cap, this is incredible. We got to celebrate, man." Trey says.

"As soon as we find a venue, man." Larry says. "We want to do this as soon as possible. You know, we wasted enough time being stubborn."

"Well, we would love it if you had your wedding here." Abilene says.

"Abby. Look, I wasn't trying to--"

"No, we insist." Bonham says. "I mean, if-- if it's what you want."

"Wow. I mean, Kelly does love this place." Larry says.

"Uh-huh." Bonham nods.

"I think it's pretty safe to say yes." Larry says, getting cheers and applause from the group.

~ ~ ~

Liam and Stella stand in the bed of a truck with a microphone as the crowd applauds.

"Hey, thank you so much." Liam says. "Thank you all for coming out today. This horse rescue, it started out as a simple idea that we realized was a dream, and now it's a reality. It was a long road to get us here, but, boy, am I glad that all of our hard work has paid off."

The crowd cheers and applauds.

"So... I just wanted to say thank you, and without further ado..." Liam holds the mic out to Stella.

"Let's cut this ribbon." She says and the crowd cheers.

Liam gets out of the truck bed, holding Stella's hand to help her down.

"Thank you." Stella tells the person who hands her the giant scissors as the uncle and niece walk over to the ribbon. "This is because of you, so I think you should do it." She tells her uncle.

"What are you talking about?" Liam asks. "We did this together."

"Ugh, we're gonna be here all day." Janie quietly groans.

"Janie Maybelle." Cordell whispers to warn her.

"What? You're not thinking it?" She loudly whispers.

"Just--" Cordell's small laugh escapes. "Be patient." He whispers, tapping her on the nose.

"I'm known for anger issues. Patient is not a virtue I possess." Janie says.

"Oh, for crying out loud, will you just cut the freaking thing so we can celebrate you?" Abilene tells the two making the crowd laugh.

"Thank you." Janie tells her grandmother before giving her father a pointed look. The man rolls his eyes, shaking his head at his youngest.

Liam takes the scissors and cuts the ribbon, the crowd cheering.