Take On The World (KisaHina)

Take On the World.

Just say the word, and we'll take on the world.

Hinata is of age in this story, all characters within the story are.

He couldn't tear his eyes away. Her movements atop the water were fluid like the water itself, languid and practiced. Her hand arced up and she leaned into a slow spin atop the surface, one leg straight out in the air as her upper body dipped into the spin. Streams of water followed every movement of her limbs and left him in awe. It was a beautiful dance, one in which he had never seen before. It had his attention captured from the moment he had caught sight of her.

She was clearly a shinobi with exceptional chakra control to be able to maneuver across the water like the nymph she was. He didn't make himself known because he knew the moment he had; she would run like the mythical creature she was. He stepped closer to the water's edge to get a better look and she leaned backwards into a somersault. The moment her feet touched the surface of the water she spun towards him and sent a stream of water his way, soaking him to the bone.

He shielded his face, only for her to be crouched beside a rock across the lake. He stepped out onto the water and made his way over to her, removing his cloak to offer it to her. She tentatively reached up and grabbed it, wrapping it around her naked form. "T-thank you..." her soft voice fluttered up to him. He turned his back as she dressed once more. "Your dance is beautiful." he said and she squeaked softly, which made him chuckle. She was sure a skittish one.

"How long have you been watching me?" she asked after a few minutes of silence and he frowned. "Not long, I promise." He said and she made her way out in front of him and offered him his cloak back. "Thanks." he said as he took it back and slipped it back on. This little meeting was the first of many. He would come and sit on her lake and watch her as she danced, and she would always know he was there. The beautiful little water nymph was always kind to him, despite his appearance.

He came back a month after their initial meeting and they sat at the edge of the lake in silence for a while, just enjoying the sounds of the night. "Kisame... why did you join Akatsuki?" she asked and he frowned at her. He couldn't honestly remember the exact reason, but he knew why he stayed. "They promise to bring about peace." he said and she was silent for a few minutes after that. "Then why do they kill so many?" she asked and he frowned.

"I've killed many." he said and she didn't flinch away, she knew about this. They had discussed it previously when she had confronted him about who he was. That night had been nothing more than an informal questioning on her part, she just wanted to understand him and his reasoning for doing what he did. "Why do you endure your father?" he asked and she ducked her head in slight shame. "I have nowhere else to go if I leave..." she whispered and he nodded. He knew what it felt like to have nowhere to go if he ran.

"I see." he said. That had been the end of their conversing that night, but she did eventually ask him if he wanted to see her dance once more. Of course, he agreed, who wouldn't agree to watch such a wondrous display? He thought about all their other meetings and how they had done this for well over a year, even in the winter when she had turned eighteen. She had come out with a few snacks and he had wondered what the occasion was. She had told him it was her birthday and she wanted to share it with him.

"Kisame-kun?" she called out to him, snapping him out of his thoughts and he looked over to see her walking up behind him. She was not going to dance tonight it seemed. "Yes, Hinata?" he asked and she sat down beside him silently. She looked up at the sky and sighed as she fiddled with her fingers. "My father wants to marry me off." she said and he frowned. He wasn't sure why, but this upset him greatly. He felt the sadness deep within his soul as she tried her hardest not to cry.