Ch. 32: Epilogue

Cat and Skara walked out of the school, not sure what to feel right now. They got revenge but they still lost so much that they would never get back.

"So, where do we go from here?" Cat asked.

"I... I'm thinking of going to that other Titan, see if I can learn more about my elemental powers." Skara said, "I might leave soon."

"How about you stay until Luz's birthday?" Cat suggested, "That way I have some time with my girlfriend."

Skara smiled a bit and held Cat's hand.

"We both lost so much, but we got each other to make up for it." Skara said.

"And I wouldn't want it any other way." Cat said.

The two were about to kiss, when someone yelled.

"Catrina!" A woman shouted.

Cat's mood soured immediately.

"Mother." Cat growled.

She turned and saw her mother, father, and older brother walking up to them.

"What are you doing in public looking like that?!" Her mother yelled, motioning to her daughter's blood covered clothes and bloodsoaked hook.

"Oh, just go fuck yourself." Cat said, rolling her eye. "Like you actually give a damn about me."

"Excuse me?!" Cat's mother shouted in outrage.

"You heard her. Go fuck yourself." Skara said, defending her girlfriend.

"Skara, this doesn't have anything to do with you! Leave!" Cat's father said to her.

"No, I am going to stay, and I'm going to stay by Cat's side until I die." Skara said, glaring at them.

The family glared at the Bard, but Skara clenched her fist, letting lightning flow around it. Not that it was needed, as the one person that no one would argue with got in the middle.

"Is there a problem here?" Luz asked.

"Luz?/Titan?!" Cat, Skara, and Cat's family said in shock, looking towards her.

"I asked again, is there a problem here?" Luz asked, looking at Cat and Skara. "You guys okay?"

"We're fine and the bitch is ash." Cat said as Skara nodded.

"Good, I knew I could trust you two." Luz said, before looking at Cat's family, "Don't think, I didn't hear how you spoke to Cat."

Luz stepped closer to them, making them slowly step back.

"Your daughter was turned into a doll for months, competely mutilated by Odalia, stuck in a Healer's Center for weeks, and so far the only thing you've done is berate her!" Luz said, glaring at them as her eyes glow with Titan magic, "I swear, if you so much as try and look at her, I will hunt you down, and I will make your lives hell. You may not have been involved in bad things like Odalia or Belos, but you are still horrible."

"And she's not alone." Gus said.

The family turned around and saw the rest of the Titan Squad.

"More titans?!" They shouted in shock and awe.

One of which the family recognized, even with her hair was dyed a new color.

"Amity?!" Cat's brother said in shock.

"You three are honestly just pathetic." Amity said, "You've always treated her like crap, and yet always expect her to put this disgusting excuse of a family first."

Amity got closer to them, her magic power flaring up and scaring them.

"I am glad to call Cat a friend, and I will make sure nothing bad ever happens to her again." Amity said, pointing her staff at them. "Now get lost, because I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we don't want to see you ever again, and that goes double for Cat."

"But-"

"NO BUTS." Skara said, her eyes sparking with red lightning. "Leave."

"Unless you want to disobey your god." Luz said, "I'm sure you know what happens when you make your god mad. Cat will be living with Eda the Owl Lady, as she is clearly a better parent than you."

The group walked Cat and Skara away, where they could finally get the privacy they need. The group gave them a minute, and Cat and Skara looked at each other and smiled, before they slowly moved closer and finally got to have their first kiss. They felt like nothing would be able to stop this moment... but they were wrong.

In deep space, the boulder Luz threw was aimlessly floating in the void until it hit something in deep hibernation. The thing slowly awoke and grabbed the rock, looking at it. It could only think of one thing that would be able to do something like that, and it was something that needed to be eliminated.

"Titans." The Archivist said, crushing the rock in hand.