Ch. 29: The Calm

In the town of Bonesborough, a trio of people were walking through with vigor in the steps and their spirits high. The reason? Because two of them, not just one, have just gotten their very own Palismen from the Bat Queen.

Masha was having fun with her Palisman hanging from their arm. A large flying fox, the largest bat species in the modern world. On Earth anyway but still.

"You are the cutest thing in the world, Foxy." Masha said, giving their palisman a strawberry.

"Hm, I don't know, Goose Willis looks a lot cuter." Tracey said, holding her staff with a smile.

"You really named him Goose Willis?" Vee asked.

"Why wouldn't I?" Tracey asked, smiling.

"I like the name, it's clever and funny." Masha said, nodding to Tracey.

"That's why I thought of it." Tracey said.

There was suddenly a lot of screaming.

"What is that?" Vee asked as the trio came to a halt.

"Panicked screaming?" Masha said, but was still confused and worried.

The three watched people run away from Hexside.

"Isn't that the magic school?" Masha asked.

"Yes, it is. Something must be wrong." Vee said, running towards the school.

"Why is she running TOWARDS the danger?" Tracey asked, looking at Masha.

"Because she's Luz's sister." Masha said before running after their girlfriend.

"Those two share a brain cell." Tracey said, before running after them to make sure they don't die.

The trio moved past several witches and demons running away, one of them tripping before Vee as she stopped to help him up.

"What's going on?" Vee asked as Masha and Tracey caught up.

The person barely got a chance to say a word, before a tendril grabbed them.

"What the hell is that thing!?" Tracey yelled.

Vee's eyes went wide.

"Grometheus." She whispered, shivering in fear.

"What?" Masha asked as the person suddenly scream as their eyes glowed white!

Vee pulled Masha and Tracey away.

"It's a monster that makes you live out your worst fear!" Vee said.

The person was pulled away as the tendrils wrapped around them like a cocoon!

"We need to run!" Vee shouted.

Vee took the lead and turned around, leading the two of them away from the panic as the black mass of Grom was growing more and more!

Grom destroyed a tree in near the group, which was sent flying towards them. Tracey wasted no time in holding her staff out. Her palisman began to glow green, as did her eyes. The tree gained a green outline, and stopped just a foot above Masha and Vee.

"Go!" Tracey yelled, before swinging her staff, sending the Tree into the woods.

Grom reached out and grabbed Tracey.

"TRACEY!" Masha screamed.

"I SAID GO!" Tracey shouted before everything went black, wrapped in a cocoon.

She opened her eyes and saw that she was in a house of mirrors.

All of the mirrors different shapes and sizes, making Tracey feel uneasy as she gripped Goose Willis tightly as she looked around.