Chapter 10: A touch of Normalcy (Part 01)

The lack of sunlight in the abandoned part of the underground was partially alleviated by (Y/n)'s lantern

The lack of sunlight in the abandoned part of the underground was partially alleviated by (Y/n)'s lantern. He carried it in one hand while the other affixed his hood back onto his head, an act mirrored by one the trio of agents following him. They made their way through the dimly lit and disheveled part of the underground. The trio trailed behind him as he ascended up a rolling hill with a decayed and run-down warehouse at the very top.

(Y/n)
"When we make it to the factory, you all can set your things down and rest up for the night. I have a journal on my person which has all the information I have so far, I'll lend it to you for tonight. After that's done I need to head back to the surface but I'll return at nightfall."

Erika
"Sounds like a good idea Sir."

Gregor
"Thats right."

Elena
" Sir."

Gregor
"Hey Boss.. If you don't mind me asking... why did you side with the Union Forces during the Last War back home home?"

(Y/n)
"..."

The last war back home?.. Oh right.. Yes that civil war they had before he was born that his predecessor took part in. The assistance from the Armored Titan made it a significantly easier victory for the United forces. He never got the chance to ask Lucius about his part in the war..nor was his memories of it coming to light now. Well the best thing he can do not is provide his own answer and hopefully they'll buy it.

(Y/n)
"I fought in that war because I wanted to make a future where people like me aren't vilified for our mere existence."

That felt so strange for him for some reason. It wasn't often that (Y/n) voiced his opinions and every time it felt odd, like a waste of time. Like it didn't matter. Which it honestly didn't all things considered. However the conversation continued on when Gregor spoke up once more.

Gregor
" Yea, I feel you. The things folks say about you devils didn't do you any justice."

(Y/n)
".. What do you mean by that agent?"

Gregor
" Y'know.. You guys are a lot more complicated than what everyone says you are. We always heard about how you were devils and the scourge of the earth but in reality.. You're just folks."

(Y/n)
"Yes..I'd appreciate it if you'd stop using the word Devil."

Gregor
"No problem boss."

The group proceeds to the entrance of the old Textile Mill, from the outside it wasn't that bad due to it only being shut down a few years ago. The composition of the building helped it survive the years of neglect, it still stood tall and mostly complete despite the years of abandonment it could still act as a base of operation for (Y/n) when he was down here chasing answers. There was a distinct lack of moisture in the air, less than a quarter of the oxygens composition. The dry air had mostly eliminated any issues with mold or mildew building up within; Though the fact that it was underground with insufficient ventilation was still a cause for some noticeable decay.