chapter twenty one

Start from the beginning

"I'm flattered, but you know, a girl isn't easy to catch. Besides, I'm rather surprised that a man like you would find a moment to dance with me. You have a reputation and I am no one." Eden turned on top of him and he pressed her against him. This was the moment she had to try and get some information and she opened her mouth to scream.

"Theodore!" Eden stepped back as she was covered in blue drink. She looked up at her friend as Voldemort glared at him. Theodore glanced at Mattheo, who nodded and walked away, then looked at Eden.

I'm sorry," he said. I came to tell you that I wasn't feeling well and that I was going to get some fresh air, but I stumbled." He tried not to show his distress, but he had to get Eden away. The redhead was furious, he had deprived her of the opportunity to ask questions.

"Excuse me, I must go and clean up, it's been a pleasure dancing with you." Eden curtsied before sighing and ignoring Theodore. Feeling Voldemort's gaze, he left the room to get some fresh air, giving his lie a truth as Eden left the room. A hand grabbed her and Mattheo led her into the bathroom.

"You two are idiots! I'm sure you did this on purpose!" she said.

"Eden, calm down. Yes, we did it on purpose because you have to stay away from my father!" Mattheo heard a knock and opened the door to get the clothes he'd sent Lorenzo to get. "I know why you agreed to dance with him, you wanted to ask him questions, but it's too dangerous."

Mattheo locked the door and Eden wiped her face. She let the warm water remove her make-up and turned back to Mattheo.

"Don't look," she blurted.

"It's not like I've never seen you naked," he replied.

"Mattheo!" Eden heard him growl as he turned. The redhead ran a hand up her back to pull down the zipper of her dress. Mattheo could see her in the mirror and his eyes lingered on the back of her neck.

"Shit," Eden sighed. "My zip, it's stuck." She tugged at it but it did not work. Mattheo approached and Eden looked at him in the mirror. He looked nervous. She could feel his fingers brushing her skin as he slid the zip down to the curve of her bottom.

"You're upset," Eden observed. She grabbed a sweater that must have belonged to Draco and, once covered, pulled her dress down to her waist.

"I don't like knowing that my father had his hands on you," he said with a hint of anger in his voice. Eden pulled on a pair of trousers and removed her dress before facing Mattheo and looking at him.

"Then, erase the traces," Eden murmured.

Mattheo looked at her intently and his hand came to rest on her cheek. He leaned forward to brush his lips against hers and kissed her. Eden shuddered. She had missed him so much over the holidays. She didn't want to admit it, but she missed Mattheo. She thought about him all the time.

"If we had more time... You can't imagine what I would do to you," Mattheo said hoarsely.

"Tell me, I beg you." Eden kissed his jaw and he ran a hand through her red hair to undo it. Her hair fell behind her back and he looked at her.

"I'll fuck you like crazy, all night long, Eden. I'd lick your skin, leaving marks to show my territory, and I'd make you scream my name so you could only mouth it," Mattheo said, biting his lip.

"Did you think of me during the holidays?" asked Eden as she slipped her hand under Mattheo's shirt. She felt him shiver and smiled.

"Constantly," he admitted. "You haunted my thoughts every second I was awake, and you inhabited my dreams as soon as I fell asleep. You were always with me." Mattheo kissed her, his lips moving down her throat.