13 - Hurricanes

Taehyung requested that I stand in front of him while he explains everything. I had no courage to refuse, so I did as I was told. He held my hands, and that made me pull them back right away.

"I won't lie!" I said unintentionally. Flashbacks of Jungkook's methods came running back into my head. He chuckled when he realised why I pulled back "Relax, that's Jungkook's thing. And I'm not trying to squeeze answers out of you. You're safe"

"I don't trust you" I mumbled. "Well then you should" He says simply. He took a deep breath and started "I don't hate you"

"You can stop lying now" I sighed. "I'm not lying" He insisted. "And im not believing you! It's hard enough to believe that I'm having a civil conversation with you wherein in you're not hurting or threatening me. I—I feel like it's all a facade" I wasn't in the mood to lie and play into his little games.

"Byeol, just listen" I could tell he was losing his patience. "The reason I've been an asshole to you is because I needed you to fear me"

"You needed me to fear you? So you could feed off me? Couldn't you have just gone and scared a few other humans?! Did it have to be your sister?" I burst into flames. "Byeol!" He raised his voice, scaring everyone in the area. He glared at the other customers, telling them to mind their own business.

When he turned to look at me, I was already within a safe distance from him. He sighed and pulled me towards him with his powers. "I—I'm sorry" I mumbled out an apology, fearing my life.

"I didn't do it to feed off you. It was only to fool our father" Our dad? Why him? "Why? What did dad do?"

"A lot of shit that I can't tell you here. I just needed that fear in your eyes to fool his little workers" I was beyond confused.  So many questions were circling my head, I wouldn't be surprised if confusion was written all over my face in a dark sharpie.

How did dad become the main concern? And what spies?

"Dad is the main enemy. He has spies everywhere, and if they think I hate you, they'll approach me thinking I'll help them kill you. But every time they approach me, I'll get to know that they're not just ordinary people, and that they work under dad. So I kill them. It's bait" He explained.

"I'm so confused... why couldn't you just tell me from the start? I'm not a bad actor y'know?" I groaned. "It's not about acting, Byeol. Nothing can replicate fear caused by the hatred of a demon. Not even an Oscar-winning actor. I need that pure emotion in your eyes, nothing can fool them otherwise" He emphasises.

"Why is dad the bad guy? What does he want?" I asked. "You. He wants you" He says, looking straight into my eyes. I took a step back out of shock "Me? What does he want from me? I'm not that useful"

"Yes you are. All he wants is you, and that little heart of yours" He says, pushing his finger against the skin right underneath my left collarbone. "My heart? I—isn't that what you hunt for?" I asked as my voice shook. "I hunt them as trophies. He needs only yours, and it's not as a mere achievement. He has some pathetic uses for it"

Just the thought of what that could imply sent shivers down my spine. "I don't want you to dwell on this thought anymore. We can talk about this more in detail with the others. For now, I just want you to know that I never hated you. I love you just as much and Jungkook and Jimin Hyung" He says, cupping my face.

"It Doesn't feel like it..." I whispered under my breath. But he heard it. "Well then let me change that" He smirked before carrying me out of the cafe. "Where are we going?" I asked, wrapping my arms around his neck for support.

"You wanna go to the mall?" He asked, and I nodded immediately. He kissed my cheek and smiled before teleporting to the mall.

At first, I struggled to even listen to what he was saying while we were taking strolls around the mall because my head was still clouded by his kindness and my dad's supposed evil. But eventually, I learned how to let loose.