6 - Obedience

Nothing would have prepared me for this... yet here I am, standing completely still in front of a dead, withering body.

I don't know how this happened, but it did, and I can't think straight. I took a few steps back out of complete shock, but that became the biggest mistake I'd ever made. I fell into the pool behind me.

I know how to swim, why do I feel myself drowning?

Flashback

It's been two days since I came back to earth, and everything has been going well. I've realised that as long as I stick with Jimin, I'll be fine. Taehyung is the only one I had to avoid and I think I'm doing a pretty good job at it.

Jungkook is a huge kiss-ass. He's been behind my butt for days, trying to earn my forgiveness. I must say, he's very consistent with his approaches. I can see he really likes me and wants me to show him with that same type of love.

I just find it hard to do because that's just not my nature.

I wanted to go to the backyard for some fresh air. It's two in the morning and Jungkook is sleeping beside me. I managed to get his arms off me somehow and snuck out of the room.

I wanted to go out into the backyard and stay there for half an hour on the hammock, simply rocking back and forth. It provides a certain type of comfort nothing else can give me.

I was really looking forward to it, but all that came shattering down because of one man... one demon. I saw Taehyung in the backyard, in his demon form.

On the ground was a girl who looked just a few years older than me. "Nothing can save you now, darling. Sweet dreams" He muttered, laughing psychotically as he sliced the girl's neck in half.

I covered my mouth with my hands to keep my scream in. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The girl let out one last scream before she got her neck sliced. Her eyes were wide open, and so was her mouth. Blood was coming out her nose and her skin was slowly peeling off.

Her body was slowly decaying in front of my own eyes. I was traumatised. How could someone be so evil? What could she have done to deserve this? She looked around sixteen if not younger.

All of a sudden, I felt a pair of hands push me forward. I gasped out loud and looked behind me. I couldn't see exactly what pushed me, but I could swear I saw Taehyung's body zoom past. His red, shining eyes and teeth on full display, glaring at me for walking into him murdering someone.

He knew it all. I am not safe

End of flashback

I found myself gasping and paddling desperately in the water, trying to get back on the ground. But the closer I got to the edge of the pool, the further I was pushed by the same mysterious force. It was like it wanted me to die.

I know this is all Taehyung's doing. When he had pushed me in front to see the corpse even closer, I had looked back to see who had pushed me.

I saw just a glimpse of him zooming past in his extreme speed. Even if I didn't see his entire body, I saw his red eyes and his terrifying smirk, and that's all I needed to confirm it was him.

That girl's body was rotting away, but her face remained intact. It was the last to disappear. Her dead eyes bore straight into mine, it was as if she had some resentment towards me, even after death. I've never seen this girl before, but something about her makes my heart hurt.

But she wasn't my worry at the moment, all I wanted was to escape the waters and save myself. I would dunk myself in the water because I couldn't swim. I remember going for swimming classes in the summer all the time, yet all that ability had disappeared.