9 - Manipulation

"Kook... please stop" I managed to say. He was walking fast with my hand clenched in his, and he wasn't paying any attention to me. He looked down at me with an eyebrow raised.

"I—im sorry" I mumbled, looking down. "If you're gonna say something, look into my eyes and say it. Don't be a fucking coward" His words pierced my heart. What did I expect? He's the king of pride. He always has his chin held up high. I'm the exact opposite.

It's difficult for me to maintain eye contact in moments of vulnerability. The night was cold and chilly. My teeth were loudly chattering against each other, but it wasn't my concern.

"I said I'm sorry" I said, looking up with teary eyes. He was no longer keen on keeping me warm. Ever since I cursed Taehyung, he stopped providing the warmth, and I don't think he noticed. My entire body was shaking, and I was struggling to speak.

"I—im really sorry, I'm trying to under—understand what's going on, but it's not easy" Talking without stuttering at this point felt impossible. The temperature was killing me. That's when he finally noticed my freezing state.

His eyes softened immediately. He crouched down to my height and hugged me. Warmth spread through my body a the speed of light. I finally relaxed and put all my weight on the demon holding me. "Are you okay?" He asks worriedly. "Yeah..."

Jungkook slid his hand under my bottom and lift me up. My hands went around his neck and held him close. "Don't worry about what just happened" He says and walks back home. I was carried back to my room, because that's the type of privilege you get when you're the little sister of three boys.

Once he put me down, he pushed all my hair bad and placed a tender kiss on my forehead. "Go to sleep, Byeol"

"Not in this..." I mumbled, pointing at the dress I was wearing. Before he could say anything, I ran into his closet and snatched the best hoodie he owned. Quickly stripping out of my dress, I slipped on the hoodie and I left on the pair of shorts I'd worn before. I walked out innocently, acting as if I didn't just raid his closet.

"You could've just asked for it" He rolled his eyes. "It's more fun this way" I giggled, hugging his waist. He fell back on the bed with a groan and I let myself lie on top of him. I blew in his ear, making him jerk away because of the funny sensation. I laughed before covering my own ears, knowing that the king of pride would never let me get away with this.

"I'm sorry!" I screeched. "I'll get my revenge and you won't even see it coming, darling" He says with a smirk and lies back down on the bed. I took my place beside him with a sigh. Tracing his detailed tattoos, I asked him "Umm... don't get me wrong, but when will I get my own room?" It's a question I've been wanting to ask for a while now.

He shot me a glare "It's either me, Jimin or Taehyung. You're not going to be sleeping alone any time soon. You can get your own room, but at night, one of us will always be with you. Don't think you can ever escape that until we give you the green light"

"B—but why? Even dad doesn't let me sleep alone, despite giving me my own room. Nowadays, he isn't even letting me enter it! What is up with this family and their obsession with keeping me with one of them?" I whined, clenching my fists.

"Trust me, you don't wanna know" He says with a chuckle. "Now stop whining like a little brat, and go to sleep"

"I'm not a little brat! I'm just trying to find a reason as to why I have so many restrictions!" I said, my face all puffy from anger.

"I don't take little chipmunks seriously, sorry boo" He chuckles before ruffling my hair. I was about to yell at him, but Jimin barged inside the room.

I freaked out because it was unexpected and jumped onto the demon next to me. "You okay, byeol?" Jimin asks, concerned. I cowered my head, embarrassed. Why was I so easy to scare?