" Can I get you anything else, sir?" she asked.

" No, I'm fine, thank you," said Colby.

The waitress smiled and walked away. Colby began packing up his stuff. He slung his backpack over his shoulder just as another man walked in and went over to the counter. Colby made eye contact with him for a second and then continued on his way. He had nearly reached the door when the waitress stopped him.

" Oh Colby, you didn't even leave a tip," she said.

Colby turned to face her. Her eyes and the man's eyes turned all black. Colby quickly grabbed his demon knife as the waitress came at him. Colby swung at her and she dodged it. Her hands quickly flew to Colby's neck and she squeezed tightly. Colby tried to pry them off but her grip was tight.

" Once I'm done with you, I'm gonna go find Sam," she said, " and he's going to experience torture like he's never experienced it before." She laughed evilly.

Colby struggled but managed to get a good grip on his blade and plunged it into the side of the waitresses head, multiple times. She screamed and a black mist shot out of her and out of the diner. Colby then quickly charged towards the man, slicing his throat open. He thrashed and choked and fell to the floor of the diner. Colby was panting heavily as he looked at the dead body on the floor in front of him. He was both horrified and satisfied at the same time. The beauty of having half a soul. This was why he had to leave his old life behind. Colby quickly turned to leave the diner before anyone else showed up.

Sam woke up the next morning. He stretched out and then looked around the room. He had forgotten that he decided to sleep in Colby's room and it took him a minute to adjust to his surroundings again. He noticed the extra blanket on top of him. He looked at it curiously, he didn't remember putting that on the bed the night before, but maybe he just forgot.

Sam quickly got ready for the day and went back to his research. He had spent weeks trying to locate Colby by any means, but his best friend had seemed to be evading him every time. Sam figured he had probably ditched his phone.

Sam leaned back in his computer chair, he couldn't give up, he wouldn't. Suddenly, a small blip came up on his computer. A location on Colby's phone. Sam didn't understand how it was possible but it was the best and only lead he had so far. He quickly packed some stuff and punched the coordinates into his phone.

Sam pulled up to an abandoned school just outside of Vegas. He quickly followed the directions on his phone and as he rounded the corner, he was struck in the head.

Sam literally didn't know what had hit him, but now he was tied to a chair, in the middle of what looked like an old classroom.

" I was beginning to think I had hit you too hard," said a woman. Sam knew the voice instantly.

" Nice to see you too, Naomi," said Sam. " That was a pretty neat trick."

" Colby's phone was pretty much gone when I found it," explained Naomi. " Luckily, I was able to repair it enough to get a signal. Imagine my luck when I came across it." Naomi then walked around Sam and stood in front of him. " I told you I would never stop."

" You're persistent, I'll give you that," said Sam.

" Cute!" said Naomi, "Enough formalities, let's get to the real shit. Where's Colby?"

" Your guess is as good as mine," said Sam.

" Oh please," laughed Naomi. " I'm smart enough to know that wherever you go, Colby follows. He's never far behind, so where is he?"

" I don't know," said Sam. " Seriously, you're wasting your time."

" He needs to be stopped, Sam," said Naomi. "He's dangerous and you know it."