Chapter 44: Losing Dogs

A/N: Damn, second-to-last chapter finally, sorry for my all over the place updates but I will have the last chapter up in the next few days.

-------------------------------------------------------

She could feel it under her skin, contracting and binding her destroyed muscles together forcefully. The Cadou forced it's way to every corner of her body, it's tendrils wrapping around her exposed guts from the stab wounds in her abdomen, causing some of the tendrils to slip out of her body and wrap around her from the outside. The pain was agonizing.

But there was something else other than the wriggling parasite beneath her skin. There was something in the back of her mind trying to claw it's way out. It was like some sort of primal rage that wasn't her. It was like it belong to someone or something else. It was unknown to her but familiar, like she was suppose to know it. The pain the Cadou was causing her only fuelled the fire.

Roxane could do nothing but look at Alexis, watching as the Cadou changed her from the inside and outside. Thick blood spill from her mouth, the constricting tendrils of the parasite to stop her from bleeding out squeezed her already rotting organs. She stumbled forwards, almost falling over to to her compound fracture. As soon as she almost fell over, the tendrils of the Cadou began to wrap around her broken leg, trying to force the bone back into her skin.

She screamed at the pain, nails digging into her palms to trying a distract herself. When the Cadou failed to force the bone into place, it wrapped itself around her entire leg. Then, it forcibly moved her leg forward. The pain from the Cadou tightening around her leg to keep up right. A guttural groan tore from her vocal cords. The pain was pulsating, feeding that burning hatred in the pit of her stomach.

She lunged forward, screaming in agony. She would do anything to relieve the pain, even if it meant ripping someone apart. Blood spilled from her mouth, her heart beating rapidly. She didn't care if her heart gave out on her, she'd gladly take Roxane with her. But she needed to make sure the Dimitrescu's were okay first. They had already lost Bela, if Alcina and Rue lost another daughter....

She wouldn't forgive herself if that happened and she knew she could have stopped it. And she can.

Stunned by Alexis's sudden burst of life, she stumbled back, swinging the plywood as hard as she could into her back. The wood snapped in half, but there was another sound a breaking in the centre of Alexis's spine. She fell to the ground in excruciating pain of the Cadou forcibly pulling her spine back together while Roxane straddled her hips, beating on her back with the fury of a tempest.

''Goddammit goddammit GODDAMMIT WHY WON'T YOU JUST FUCKING DIE?!'' Roxane screamed, beating on Alexis back hard, spit flying from her mouth. 

From near her shoulder blades, tendrils from the Cadou ripped through Alexis's skin. One stabbed through Roxane's abdomen while the second one wrapped around her throat, constricting around her throat before violently throwing her off.

As her spine was finally pulled together, the Cadou wrapping around it and fusing together. Slowly, Alexis pushed herself back up, the Cadou forcing her broken leg to help push herself up. Thick, red blood spilled from her throat and dripped down her chin. She looked back at Roxane, that burning hatred causing her blood to boil in her veins. She could feel the Cadou forcing her muscles to bulge beneath her skin. It was excruciating.

''You really are a fucking de-'' Alexis didn't give her time to react, jumping onto her and pinning her to the ground. Roxane squirmed, trying to escape as Alexis beat her. 

Teeth broke, blood flew into the air, skin broke. Her fists were covered in blood. It felt like that hatred she held for Roxane was making her vision fade to black. It was like she wasn't in control of her own body. Flashes of different faces replacing Roxane's. Some were of people she didn't know, but sometimes they'd be someone she knew. She didn't know if it was trick of Roxane or if it was something in her mind.