Chapter 7: Celebration

Alexis hummed happily as she finished reassembling her hunting rifle, still feeling a flood of happiness from seeing her father after months of being apart. He had even invited her to join a small celebration held by the Villagers around this time of year for the past fourteen years. She had never joined in the celebration due to the origins of it. 

But she couldn't fault her father for it, it's not like he knew that the reason the Villagers celebrate is because they killed her sister.

Suddenly, the door to the library opened wide, startling her and causing her to jump up. Turning around, reaching for her hunting rifle just in case. She immediately calmed down when she saw Miranda. 

''For fucks sake Miranda, you scared th-'' she was silenced by the priestess's lips against her. The older woman pushed her against the table, gripping onto hips and deepening the kiss. Alexis was completely caught off guard by this sudden burst of passion from her. It took her only a moment to break from the shock and wrap her arms around Miranda, pulling her impossibly close.

When they pulled away to catch their breath for a brief moment, Alexis saw a bright smile gracing her pale lips. Before she could question why she was smiling, Miranda trapped her in a short kisses before attacking her neck with fluttering kisses. Alexis held onto the woman, a moan breaking free from her throat before regaining her composure. ''Wha-what brought t-this on?''

''I thought we could celebrate.'' she heard Miranda mutter against her neck before pulling Alexis off the table, her hands still on her hips while Alexis wrapped her legs around Miranda's waist.

''Celebrate what?'' the woman asked curiously.

''I've found the perfect vessel for my dear Eva. The Ceremony is really going to happen.'' she said with obvious excitement.

''That certainly is cause for celebration. How about we get some wine? I have a feeling I know what kind of celebration you have in mind.'' she whispered in a sultry tone, causing Miranda to shiver. Sharing one more passion filled kiss, Miranda set Alexis back down before practically dragging her out of the library. She barley had time to grab her hunting rifle before they were out the door.

They made their way to the bedroom, passing by a few maids as they did. As soon as they were in the room Miranda attacked Alexis's neck with multiple kisses along her jawline before going down her neck, barely giving her time to set her rifle down before pushing her onto the bed. The blonde immediately got on top of her, trapping her in fiery kisses.

''M-Miranda. Calm down.'' Alexis chuckled as the blonde pulled away, looking down at her.

''You're right, you're right. I'm sorry, are you alright?'' the woman asked, softly caressing her cheek. It warmed Alexis heart whenever she would check on her before they started.

''Yes, I'm alright. Here, I'll bring us some wine.'' Alexis said, sitting up and giving the woman a kiss before leaving the room.

It was really happening. Miranda was finally going to achieve her goal she had been working towards for the past century. That meant that Alexis was finally going to reach hers; she was finally going to end those who took Lex from her. It was just within reach and she was going going to make sure that Miranda succeeded no matter what. 

There was nothing that was going to stop them now.

Alexis returned with a bottle of wine and two glasses for them. Miranda was just beginning to pull of her shirt, revealing the large scars near her shoulder blades where her wings would sprout out of. She set the glasses down before pouring a small portion in the two glasses. Miranda turned around, only in a bra and pants. Alexis offered her a glass, which Miranda gratefully accepted.