Dude

Harmony was once again riding one of the horses but her ride was cut short when she heard screaming and crying. Looking over she saw the DeVil boy screaming, obviously terrified. Harmony had the horse run over to him and pull him up onto the horse with her. Carlos clung on to her tightly and shaking like a leaf.

"Boy what's got you so spooked?"

"That!" Carlose screamed as he pointed to a tiny dog.

Harmony blinked a couple times before turning back to him. "You allergic to dogs or something?"

"No! This thing is a killer! He's gonna chase me down and rip out my throat. This is a vicious rabid packed animal."

"This little guy? I don't think so." Harmony chuckled. "You wouldn't last a minute where I'm from, now those are some scary mutts."

"Carlos!"

"Ben?!"

Ben then ran over to see Carlos clinging on to Harmony scared for his life.

"So snow head, who told you this thing is gonna kill you?" Harmony asked.

"My mother." Carlos answered.

"Cruella?" Ben asked.

"Damn, I was hoping he was gonna say Chad so I'd have a reason to shove my boot up his ass." Harmony mumbled.

"She's a dog expert, a dog yeller."

"She knows squat boy." Harmony patted his head.

"Why are you holding him?! He's gonna attack you!" Carlos cried as Ben picked up the dog.

"Carlos you've never actually met a dog have you?" Ben asked.

"Of course not." Carlos replied still hugging Harmony tightly.

"You are so lucky I don't need to breathe." Harmony mumbled.

"Dude meet Carlos, Carlos this is Dude, the campus mutt." Ben introduced.

"The heck is that?" Harmony asked. "What kind of school is this?"

"He doesn't look like a vicious rabid pack animal." Carlos said softly.

"That's cause he's not." Harmony told him as gently as she could and helped him get down from the horse.

Carlos found his courage and started to pet the dog, even went as far as holding him.

"Guess you guys have it pretty rough on the Island." Ben frowned.

"And whose fault is that?" Harmony asked.

"Let's just say we don't get a lot of belly rubs." Carlos said.

Harmony got down from the horse and gave Carlos a side hug.

"Good boy." Ben said which made Harmony and Carlos give him a weird look. "I mean you're a good runner, you're fast. Well listen I'm gonna give you some space, you can all get to know each other and come find me when you're done."

Harmony took the horse back to the stable with Carlos walking next to her still holding Dude.

"So your mom lie to you a lot?" Harmony asked.

"I guess so." Carlos sighed. "Thanks for, you know, caring over there."

"Ya looked like you were being chased by a hell hound." Harmony said.

"So where are you from?" Carlos asked.

"Not from around here." Harmony said. "Just sticking around til I find someone."

"You don't go to school here?" Carlos asked.

"Nope." Harmony replied.

"I'm sorry, you just remind me of someone." Carlos admitted.

"Well whoever this someone is must be pretty cool." Harmony grinned.