V

The Antwerp game ended with another 5-0 score for the team. Félix scored twice, Lewandowski and Pablo once each, and then an own goal from the Belgian team. Once again, Sofia headed down to greet Pedri away from the cameras.

"Great game!" she told him. "You were amazing."

"Thanks! I'm really glad that you came."

"Our next game's in four days, against Celta Vigo." Pedri mentioned. "I hope you come to that one."

It'll be two days before I head back home.

"Yeah, for sure!"

"I gotta go meet the team in the locker room, but I'll meet up with you later, okay?"

"Alright, sounds good."

****

Pedri texted Sofia the following morning.

hey! do you want to get together  tonight?

there's this really nice restaurant near my apartment if you're up for it

Sofia showed the texts to Alyssa.

"Is he asking me out or something?"

Alyssa groaned. "Yes, idiot. He just asked you out to a restaurant by yourself."

"So, what do I say then?"

"Here." Alyssa took her phone and wrote out a response. She handed the phone back to Sofia.

"Yeah that sounds good! What time are you thinking?" Sofia read out. "You sure that doesn't sound dry or anything?"

"Wayyyyy less dry than anything that you've ever sent."

"Hey!"

"Just send it!"

yeah that sounds good!

what time are you thinking

i was thinking maybe around 8-ish

ok i'm good with that

what's the address?

****

"What am I supposed to wear?" Sofia said worriedly.

Alyssa rolled her eyes. "Have you never been on a date before?"

"Not since eighth grade. I kind of took a break after Harry."

"An eight year long break."

"Well... Yeah."

Alyssa pulled out her phone. "What's the address he gave you?"

Sofia read out the address and Alyssa pulled up the restaurant's website. "It looks pretty fancy. Do you have any dresses with you?"

"Yeah, I have one. It's super casual, though."

She pulled it out from the bottom of her suitcase, holding it up so Alyssa could see.

It was a simple, blue dress with a gold trim, and it ended right above Sofia's knees.

"It looks nice." Alyssa insisted. "Trust me, Sof, you'll be fine."

Alyssa helped her with her makeup, and then Sofia put the dress on.

"It looks really good on you." Alyssa commented. "I don't think I've ever seen that one before."

"The last time I wore it was to a casual wedding, I think." Sofia said. "I just threw it in because I didn't expect to be going on any dates while I was here."

"Well, you look really good."

Sofia smiled. "Thanks, Alyssa."

"It's 7:40, you should probably get going."

"Alright, I will. I'll text you when I'm coming home."

Sofia got a taxi and drove to the restaurant, which was about twenty minutes away. After paying the taxi driver, she got out walked into the restaurant front lobby.

"Hey!" Pedri was waiting for her inside, leaning against the wall. He was wearing a dark suit and was holding a flowers bouquet in his right hand. "You look really great, Sofia!" He handed her the flowers, which she realised were lilies.

"Thanks, so do you! And thank you so much for the flowers, lilies are my favourite!"

Pedri flinched. "Oh!"

It took a moment for Sofia to realise something.

"You went through my Insta, didn't you?"

He smiled. "Maybe."

"Well, I might have gone through yours as well, so I guess we'll call it even."

A waiter showed us to our table, and the two of them sat down across from each other.

"So, you're from England?" he said after a few moments of awkward silence. "Do you have any siblings?"

"Yeah, my sister Isabelle." Sofia said. "She's a lot younger than us, she's fifteen. What about you?"

"I have an older brother, Fernando. A lot of my teammates are like brothers to me, though. Like Pablo, and then Ale, Fermín, and Ferran, who you all met. And then there's Lamine, who's a year older than your sister."

Sofia whistled. "Damn. He's sixteen?"

"Yeah."

Sofia shuffled in her seat. "Hey, uh, I wanted to ask you something. Do you like Pedri or Pedro more? I just want to call you the name you like more."

"Pedri, for sure." he replied. "Even my brother and parents call me that. Nobody calls me Pedro, except for Xavi, and that's usually only when he's mad at me."

After they got their food, Sofia and Pedri talked about their favourite television programmes, and Pedri's love for the cringy holiday movies that Alyssa loves. So far, this was the only negative thing that Pedri seemed to have, but she doubted Alyssa would consider it "negative".

"We should do this again sometime." Pedri said after they had stepped outside.

"Yeah." Sofia said, smiling. "Thanks for everything, I really enjoyed this."

"Hey, uh..." Pedri hesitated for a moment before speaking. "When do you leave for England, again?"

"The 25th. Two days after Celta."

"Right." Pedri shuffled his feet. "You're going to come to the Celta game, though, right?"

"Wouldn't miss it for anything."

 A/N

can't believe a ten-man atleti managed to win against sevilla 😭