Chapter 14: To The Beach

Start from the beginning

Kiko snorted and laughed loudly, causing Fujio to glare at her. The situation wasn't that funny to him.

He was kind of nervous about what Amagai would do to Nozomi or even to Kiko after that.

Tsukasa gently grabbed Nozomi by the arm. He was trying to contain his smile as he whispered to her that they needed to go.

Nozomi turned to him and nodded, allowing him to pull her away from the two Senomon students.

As soon as they turned to another street, Kiko laughed loudly and side-hugged her sister.

"I'm so proud of you, Nozomi!" she exclaimed, almost tearing up.

Tsukasa chuckled as Fujio shook his head, though deep inside he was proud just like his girlfriend.

"I didn't know you had that pettiness in you," Kiko beamed.

Nozomi frowned and shook her head, "I'm regretting it now."

Kiko nodded in understanding and sighed, "Of course, you would regret it. That's so you."

Kiko and Fujio sat down on the grass at a park near Oya High. They were waiting for Tsukasa and Nozomi who were buying crepes.

"Hey, I was thinking…" the girl started as Oya High's leader turned to her.

"You're thinking? That's new."

Kiko glared and smacked him on the arm, causing him to laugh and groan at the same time.

"The hell do you mean?!" she hissed then sighed, "I'm thinking it's still summer, right?

Fujio hummed, raising his eyebrow. He doesn't know where this conversation will go.

"So…" Kiko smiled, "Would you guys want to go to the beach?"

The male turned his body to her, fully getting his attention now. 

They'd never been to a beach before since they knew each other. 

The last time Fujio went on a beach was when Fuyumi was still a high school student and that was a long time ago.

"To the beach?" 

"Yeah, kinda fun, right?" Kiko smirked and turned to Nozomi and Tsukasa's approaching figures. 

When the couple settled down beside them, she turned to talk to them, "Do you guys want to go to the beach?"

"The beach?" they chorused in question.

"Why so sudden?" Nozomi asked and gave her the crepe.

"I just thought of it," the older twin shrugged.

"Let's go! I want to go!" Fujio exclaimed in excitement, causing Kiko to laugh, "We can invite Jamuo and the guys, too!" 

"Yeah!" Kiko agreed with the same excitement as her boyfriend.

Nozomi and Tsukasa glanced at each other and smiled as they turned back to the other couple.

"I guess we can go," Tsukasa said, shrugging.

"But why did you think of the beach, Kiko?" Nozomi asked, handing her sister her crepe.

"I missed the water," Kiko said dreamily, causing the younger twin to frown.

"You can't even swim," she flatly stated.

"You can't swim?" Fujio asked, turning to the said girl.

Kiko frowned and glared at her sister. She honestly doesn't know if she can swim or not since the last time they went to a beach with her family was years ago.

"I can't remember," Kiko muttered, earning looks from the other three. She clicked her tongue and waved their worries, "Besides, you don't even need to know how to swim to go to a beach!"

The three gave her incredulous looks but she ignored them as she continued, "I want to play beach volleyball!"

Nozomi nodded as she ate her crepe and listened to her twin rambling about exciting activities on the beach. 

Later that day, the twins had told the other Oya boys about their plan and they were all excited to go. Even Madoka and Fujio's other childhood friends were informed about it. Though Shinya, Masaya, and Arata are working, they aren't sure if they can go. 

Nozomi and Kiko were on their way home when they spotted their brother walking ahead. They grinned mischievously as they sneaked up behind him. Yuken’s experience in fighting goes a few years back and somehow his sense of danger becomes sharper than before. 

The twins stopped walking, staring confusedly at their brother’s back who didn’t notice them. He would normally notice the girls when they were behind him, but now his mind seems to be elsewhere.

“Onii-chan,” Nozomi called as Yuken flinched a bit, turning to them.

“What are you two doing?” he asked, frowning as he looked at the twins.

“What’s wrong with you?” Kiko asked instead of answering Yuken’s question.

“What do you mean?” Yuken asked another question.

Nozomi stared at the two and let out a sigh, ending all their questions.

“We meant your mind seems to be elsewhere. You didn’t even notice us sneaking up on you,” the younger twin explained, earning a nod from the older twin. 

“Oh,” Yuken mumbled. He turned around, continuing to walk as the twins followed him and waited for his answer, “You know, I might get a girlfriend.”

“What?” the twins chorused, frowning in confusion and shock.

“I thought you like guys,” Kiko said.

Yuken glanced at her and pointed his index finger, “I like both guys and girls. And this girl… is special.”

“Huh,” Kiko voiced, nodding.

“So, did you ask her out?” Nozomi questioned, eager to know her brother’s answer.

“Not yet, but I’m getting there,” he replied, pretty confident with himself. 

“Why don’t you invite her to go to the beach with us?” Kiko suggested, grinning widely and excitedly.

“The beach?”

“Yeah, we and the Oya guys are going to the beach next week. We’re actually going to ask you to come.”

“That’s not a bad idea,” Nozomi agreed.

Yuken glanced at the twins, pressing his lips into a thin line as he nodded, “I’ll think about it. I’ll ask her first, though.”

-----

As I promised I'll be updating ;)