The stars welcome him with open arms.

AN:
Trans! Buck

I said I was writing happy cute things. Nope. Sadness and more depression hehe.

So preface:

I went through a gender identity struggle and experimented with it when I was in hs. Long process of trying to figure it all out and the struggle of accepting myself as just a woman who loves women. I wanted to be "normal" so badly that I thought I was trans so I could be a "boy in love with a girl"...
Either way. Ima throw in a bit of my own thoughts into this but I'm not trans so if this isn't fully authentic I'm sorry, I really am trying to write this respectfully.

.

.

Emily Buckley never fit in with her classmates, the long blonde-haired girl whom her mother adored. Margaret ever the enthusiastic mom, loved to dress Emily up. Creating a vision of cuteness with girly clothes and pink hair bows. Emily hated every moment of it. Maddie just laughed, glad her mom was able to move on from losing her older brother. Also relieved to have escaped the era of being dressed in those frilly dresses herself.

Emily always wanted to be pretty like Maddie, SHE seemed to understand how to fit in. As she matured, Emily wanted nothing to do with girly things, longing for the rough and tumble, like playing baseball in gym class and engaging in cops and robbers rather than playing house.

She wanted fire trucks, cop cars, and Hot Wheels. All she would get was Barbie's, bratz, stuffed animals, and fake makeup kits. She'd sneak hats to school and try and hide her long hair, always getting in trouble with the teachers, By the time she was about to start middle school, biology took over and her breasts were starting to develop. She started crying and was so angry all the time, she hated how she looked in the mirror.

~

"Why are you so mad?"

"I just hate how I look, like this isn't me," Emily told Maddie through tears

Maddie, seemingly nonchalant, suggested, "Maybe try eating healthier."

Emily watched Maddie put on her beautiful eye shadow and lipstick in the bathroom mirror.

"Or just do what I do, use makeup." Maddie giggled.

She pulled Emily over to her and dotted foundation over her face, rubbing it in and using light mascara along with a natural blush. Maddie smiled at how adorable her little sister looked, then faced her in the mirror again.

"See? Adorable" Maddie told her, ruffling her hair along.

However, Emily's gaze in the mirror revealed a stranger staring back at her—a person she wished to tear apart and reconstruct. Her self-loathing echoed an agreement, "Yeah."

She hopped down and trudged back to her room, silently crying to herself as Maddie went off on a date with her new boyfriend, Doug.

Maddie just assumed her sister was going through a self-confidence issue, but after moving schools and starting middle school, she had more freedom and met a bunch of new friends.

Every morning her mom would still braid her long hair, and after waving goodbye she would slip into the bedroom, tie it up, and pull her hoodie over.

"No hoodies or hats! Emily, every day with this!" scolded her exasperated teacher.

She rolled her eyes and took off the hood. She hated her hair, she hated the lumps on her chest now that seemed to pull in boys' attention. She wanted to be tough, do karate or wrestling or something other than dance or cooking classes. Her parents while not overly religious were still very conservative. Men do the manly things and women act like ladies.