It's Getting Way too Crowded in Here!

Start from the beginning

The third race that I was likely to meet at the summit were the Equestrians. It was a name used to encompass the monster line, much like how I call all hobgoblins or goblane 'goblins' or how the foxie and foxmen to me were just 'the foxes'. 

As the name suggested, they were a monster race of horses, evolved from the very simple monster known as an equas. They, essentially looked quite similar to a mundane horse, but had some skill in using earth based magic. With Aeros' blessing some evolved into other races, like Pegasus, or unicorns... apparently there were even a couple hippocampi. But most evolved into the branch race known as sterna, they were about the size of the massive Shire Horses of my old world. They may as well be skinny elephants with feet that could take a man's head off without a thought.

The sterna were a magical based race. Where the equas specialized in earth magic alone, the sterna could be born to any element, and the element they were born specializing in would effect things like the color of their hide. They were a truly beautiful race.

According to Margund, they were considered an intelligent race in that they were self aware and possessed language. But they were pretty primitive and had not need for books, writing, math, or anything else that most might think of as intelligence. They were proud and suborn, and refused to be left out of any summits, however, even if they rarely interacted in them.

"Shouldn't I be helping with preparations for tomorrow?" I asked, in a last ditched attempt to skip out on another hour of staring at paper.

"You are a Land god." Smirked Margund, his face infuriatingly soft and relaxed. This man always seemed amused and understanding. "If it is silly for a king like me to be down their, running around, collecting rations and making sure the Rohgek don't have sore feet, than it would be down right scandalous to have you doing it."

"But-"

"I am sure your people are more than trustworthy enough to get the job done with out you micro managing them."

But I wasn't going to do that...

"And it would be just as discourteous to be down their, under their feet, distracting them, while they worked." The kings mouth was smiling, but his eyes were squinted, knowingly. Shoot, I was found out.

I groaned again, bopping my head back on the table with a thud.

"You may as well send her to bed." I heard Lagdon sigh from around the corner. "She will just keep moaning."

"I hope Reinga comes back soon." I said, maybe a little cattily. But I was tired and Lagdon always got so relaxed and deferential when Margund was around. The relaxed was annoying, cause it wouldn't kill him to chill out around me too. As for the other thing... well, a non-in-charge-Lagdon was just weird to see.

"That's not funny." He snapped, poking his head around the corner.

But the desired effect had been achieved. Margund perked up at Lagdon reaction and asked "Who is Reinga?"

"No one!" Snapped Lagdon, hurrying over and and yanking my smiling self to my feet.

"Probably your future sister-in-law." I said as Lagdon frog marched me out of the library, leaving Margund grinning, still seating in a chair that looked way to small for his massive form.

"That was uncalled for." Lagdon huffed once he was sure Margund wasn't following us and we were out of earshot of his body guards who were stationed outside the library doors.

"You should have saved me hours ago." I said, stretching out. I was still getting used to being full grown again. "We both know that you were laughing on the inside while I was being tortured.