𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

Start from the beginning

I quickly plunged my nails further into my body, an uncontrollable roar of pain now escaping my mouth.

Jeff's p. o. v

"Shit Liu, what is it doing?"
This monster or whatever the fuck this humanoid creature was suddenly started screeching out loudly as it looked to be trying to injure itself. There was already a big ass bloody opening gorged into it's stomach. Was it trying to kill itself?

Well. I would too if I looked like that.

Liu instantly dropped his rifle and slid all his other gear onto the ground before rushing over to the monster, dropping to his knees and grabbing its arm, trying to stop it from hurting itself further. "Tell me why the fuck you think it's necessary to help it!?" I shouted, watching as the creature started struggling against Liu, hissing and trying to pull its arm back.

          I noticed the black substance seeping down its face from where eyes probably should've been. It's skin was unnaturally gray and despite being in such a lousy position on the ground, it was easy to tell it was bigger in size compared to me and Liu. There was a dark, grotesque blue mask tucked within its tangled mess of dirty brown hair; the "eye-holes" of the mask displayed the same features of its equally disturbing face. Was it some sort of Syndi-cult sacrifice gone terribly wrong?

          "Let me go before I rip your eyes out their sockets and force them down your throat!" The creature suddenly shouted out, barring its sharpened teeth at Liu and abruptly lashing out at him with its blackened "claws." I quickly shuffle over to Liu's rifle and pick it up, situating it in my grasp and aiming the muzzle at the creature. "Move aside Liu, hurry! Lemme' put this poor thing out of its misery," I say, fingering the trigger and anticipating shooting the creature.

          "Jeff, drop the damn gun. Look, whoever—or whatever you are—we're just trying to help you—"

          "I don't need any help—what I need is for you two idiots to get lost."

          "Don't be daft. Look at the state you're in."

          "You heard the giant bug Liu, let's get a move on before I shoot it and leave you no choice."

          After my comment, Liu remained still for a few moments before quietly standing up again and turning to me. He faced me directly, his eyes suddenly boring into mine in a rather...strange...glare that I've never seen from him before. The stare was actually a bit worrisome, enough so that I lowered the gun and stared at him back, letting out an awkward chuckle after the silence had gotten a bit too much to bare, "Liu......?"

          "Please, put the gun down, Jeff. Don't make me have to ask you again."

          Taken aback by the boldness in his voice, I eyed him down with cynicism for a good while before scoffing and slowly placing the rifle back on the ground. "Jackass..." I muttered under my breath as I see my brother turn and lower himself back to the side of the monster.

          Liu reached and began to delicately , cautiously stroke the creature's head. I watched, dumbfounded by the audacity of this dumbass to even try such a thing, but of course to my surprise, it's growling and hissing soon dissipates until it was only shuttering and quaking helplessly under my brother's gently touch.