Chapter 156 - Side Story 10

Start from the beginning

Noah looked back and said to me, who stood up from my seat.

“That’s why I’m giving it to you.”

“Hm?”

Seeing a puzzled expression on my face, Noah smiled and left the shop.

[The God of Benevolence, Oman, once again looks forward to Noah’s future.]

I looked at Noah’s medallion and hung it in plain sight with a faint smile.

‘If it’s a gift, I should receive it.’

Noah, a skilled apprentice knight, uses our shop’s gauntlet, so I should advertise that.

By the way… That fellow, it seemed like he was going to work really hard.

Then the door opened again.

“…?”

I wondered if Noah would come back in, but I was startled by Kyle’s face and my shoulders stiffened.

“Ah, hello.”

[The God of Destruction, Ciel’s tail moves automatically.]

I remembered the image of him riding on top of a wyvern yesterday with a flower on his sword.

The dust that blew in and the bright red eyes that pierced me. There was a gap between that wild appearance and the neat uniform of the present.

“There are quite a few things.”

He said as he scattered the holy stones on the shelf with his eyes.

“Are you here to buy something?”

“No.”

The Imperial Palace must have been overflowing with inexpensive holy stones of this level.

He came closer to me as I stood, looked me in the eye, and then moved his gaze to the wall.

After a while, I turned my head to follow him, his eyes fixed on Noah’s medal.

“…”

Moments later, as he approached the medal, he took out a shiny golden medallion from his arms and hung it over Noah’s.

Then Noah’s medal was covered and no longer visible.

I couldn’t figure out why he was behaving like this.

“What… is that?”

“It was originally a medal awarded to the mercenary who did the most to catch the black wyvern in the third act of the third day… I caught it, so I show it off here.”