LAUFEY

DYLAN HOFFMAN never thought that he would be laying on valentines fluffy rug in her bedroom, next to her, listening to laufey.
before today, he didn't even know who she was, and thought that the singers name was pronounced exactly how it was spelt.

"no, dylan, it's pronounced lay-vay" val smiles at the boy as he lays there, covering his face with his hands in embarrassment, "how dare you disrespect my mother like that", the brunette continues, as the next track plays.

it's valentine.

"what's this song called?" the blonde teen asks, turning his head to face the girl. it turns out that she was already looking at him.

admiring him

"valentine" she instantly turns her head to the ceiling when he looks at her, praying to god that he didn't see her looking at him.

"that's crazy" he chuckles lightly at the blushing girl. "you know, you remind me of her music" valentine looks at the boy, her eyes swelling up with tears.

"hey, hey, val why are you crying?" Dylan sits up, and the girl copies his actions, covering her face with her hands.

he reaches forward and takes the girls hands in his to see her face.

even when she was crying, she managed to be pretty

"that's the nicest compliment anyone's ever given me" she sobs with a smile on her face.

in that moment, dylan realised how head over heals he was for the girl. "thankyou" valentine wipes her tears with the back of her hand, then, she wraps her arms around dylan's neck, embracing him in a hug.

"you really scared me when you just burst into tears, i thought i did something wrong" he mumbles into the crook of her neck, blush creeping up his neck as his voice cracks slightly.

even though the two secretly wish they could hug for hours on end, it eventually had to break. val pulls away first, locking eyes with dylan.

"i'm sorry for scaring you when i started crying, i just get really sensitive when people show me affection" the girl fidgets with her rings nervously.

it's true, ever since she'd met dylan, he's shown her more kindness, and affection- even if it's simple" gestures- than any boy ever has.

she hasn't even had a boy, let alone someone she's attracted to, show her this much attention.

"well, i'll make sure to never compliment you again, i hate seeing you cry" dylan states, the first half of his sentence was complete sarcasm, but, the second half,
i hate seeing you cry
was probably one of the most honest things he's ever said.

—-

SHORT BUT RLLY CUTE CHAP
PLS DONT BE A GHOST READER!!