Pretty

after knocking on the sandlers front door, Valentine Sanchez nervously fidgets with the gold rings on her fingers.

this is one of the first 'parties' she's been to where she doesn't have her friends by her.

the door opens and she sees sunny standing there with a wide smile on her face.
"oh my god! valentine!" she exclaims happily,
"i didnt even think you would come to be honest" sunny wraps her arms around the girl, which val reciprocates instantly.

"duh, i wouldn't miss meeting you and the cast for a bajillion dollars" she laughs awkwardly,

god valentine, that was so corny.

ew.

after a couple moments of silence, sunny let's out a sigh, "well don't just stand there, come in!"

walking through the ginormous house, valentine takes in her surroundings.
she's standing in the sandlers house.
what even is life?

"i'm so excited to meet everybody" she says calmly, tucking a stray peice of hair behind her ear while trailing after sunny.  on the inside, she's absolutely freaking out.

finally, the two reach the outdoor area, which is accompanied by a massive pool. "sunny you did not tell me you were bringing a special guest" a girl with short brown hair walks up to the two with a surprised look on her face.

"hi, i'm sam" she speaks softly, val smiles at this, "i'm valent~"

"valentine sanchez, i know, we all know, you're like, the entire casts role model, and you're super cool"  sam butts in with a very excited smile.

val doesn't know how to reply to this.
she doesn't want to seem cocky by saying "aww thankyou" but she also doesn't want to be rude by not saying anything. luckily, sunny speaks before she has the chance to.

"ok, sam, you just made us sound like absolute creeps. but she's right, we all think you're so cool, and when we realised you were fans of the movie, we got so excited" sunny mentions,
"anywho" she trails off, "im gonna go and get a snack, feel free to wander around and talk to everyone "

val nods. this is the part she was scared for. waking around aimlessly without knowing anyone there.

she ends up sitting down on the outdoor sofa, tapping the can of pepsi in her can with her fingernails.

"hey, can i sit here?" a voice appears from behind her and she instantly turns around to see a tall boy with dirty blonde hair, standing awkwardly, waiting for a reply.

"no yeah, absolutely" she nods, adjusting her posture and moving over slightly on the sofa.
"so you're valentine, right?" the boy asks as he sits down next to her, "yeah, and you're.." valentine trails off, trying to remember the boys name, "you're andy!"

he laughs slightly, shaking his head, "not actually, no. i'm dylan" she smiles at the sound of his laugh before holding her hand out for dylan to shake, he complies, placing his hand in hers.

"you're acting must've been super good in the movie, since you're not actually a dick in real life" valentine tried to make small talk with the boy, since he's the only person apart from sunny that's come up to her.

dylan gives her a small smile before talking, "my actings nowhere near as good as yours, i've seen some of the moves you've been in, you could seriously win an oscar one day"
she feels her face grow red as he compliments her, she's not used to boys complimenting her.