FACETIME

i had no clue what to name this chapter🤓

"kenna i desperately need your opinion" valentine props her phone on her nightstand, once mckenna accepts the facetime request.
"ok.. i'm a bit scared" the blonde presses her lips together in a thin line.

"so basically, dylan invited me to a sleepover with the cast, and i said yes~" valentine gets cut off by her best friend, "which dylan?" she interrogates, "boy dylan"

mckennas jaw drops, "let me get this straight" she begins, "dylan hoffman invited you to a sleepover with the cast" dimples appear on her face as valentine nods cluelessly in reply.
"did he say why he was inviting you?" the blonde is baffled as to how her best friend is oblivious.

Valentine shrugs, "i told him that he seemed super chill but i didn't speak to him long enough to know if that's what he was actually like, and then he said something like i guess you won't know if we don't hang out again" the brunette girl rambles, shaking her head, trying to remember the conversation.

"so long story short, he wanted to hang out with you again?" mckenna asks rhetorically,
"valentine sanchez, you're completely clueless" she laughs.
"about what?"

and with that, mckenna hangs up.

"so mysterious" valentine says sarcastically, turning her phone off and getting up off her bed.

walking down the stairs to the kitchen, she hears her mom on the phone with somebody.
shrugging her shoulders slightly, the teen walks into the kitchen and sits on the counter.

who are you talking to? she mouths to her mother, curious as to who she could be calling.
one second, her mom holds up a finger, before continuing their conversation.

a couple minutes later, she gets off the phone and turns her focus to valentine, who's sitting on the kitchen counter eating skittles. "i just got off the phone with your friend sunny's father, he was saying how much of a success the netflix party was and how highly sunny talks of you" gloria holds her hand out as of to say, 'can i have some skittles?'

politely, valentine nods and drops 5 skittles  skittles in her hand, making sure her mom got stösst one of every colour.

"wait. you were talking to adam sandler?!" the brunette exclaims after processing what her mom said. "oh my god. and sunny speaks highly off me?! i have to be dreaming" she shakes her head in disbelief.  what even is life. three weeks ago, her and her friend mckenna wer having adam sandler movie nights every weekend, and now here her mom is, speaking to the man on the phone.

"honey, did you forget that i was in your favorite movie. with adam sandler?" gloria asks, popping a red skittle into her mouth.
"yes."

—

liked by definitelynotmckenna and others

laufeydefender~ my mother hides the fact that she's friends with adam sandler *EMOTIONAL** SHOCKING😦

hotcheetokid~ i love your mother but this is low

definitelynotmckenna~ WHAT

definitelynotmckenna~ OH MY GOD

definitelynotmckenna~ NO WAY

definitelynotmckenna~ why am i acting surprised your mother starred in a movie. WITH HIM.

thebetterpravong~ shocked but not shocked

hotcheetokid~ those cat pictures are disturbing

load 5 more comments ^^

NO DYLAN AND VAL YET BUT HOPEFULLY IN THE NEXT CHAP🙈