GOD HELP THEM

{IRL, INSTA}

VALENTINE is sitting at the cluttered vanity in her bedroom, curling her eyelashes, when the doorbell downstairs rings.
"I'll get it!" she hears her mother practically sing from downstairs.

Val has always admired her moms uplifting attitude, she never failed to make her happier on the days she was sad, or laugh even when she didn't feel like it. the two had an unbreakable bond, which, was noticeable by the press and the people around them.

growing up with just her mom and their cat, pickles, Valentine noticed the importance of having a good relationship with the people she had in her life. It also meant that she was more conserved with her emotions and only really shared her personal information with those she was extremely close with.

and that's why valentine sanchez has never felt the need to be in a relationship, she had her mom and a few close friends.

wasn't that all she needed?

so, when she hears her mother walk towards the door to answer it, she shoots up from her comfortable vanity chair and rushes downstairs to beat her before she can open the door.

"who's here?" Gloria asks with a slight smirk on her face, "is it a boy?" Val bites the inside of her cheek at this, "yes. but he's a friend. so do.not. get all 'ooooo it's  a boyyyy' on me"

this is the last thing valentine says to her mom before opening the door, to see a smiling Dylan on the other side.

"hey dylan! come in" she exclaims happily at the sight of the boy, stepping to the side to let him in.
"hey val" he smiles at her presence. there was something about her that never failed to make him smile.

maybe it was her smile, or the way she spoke, or her freckles.. Dylan's thoughts are immediately silenced when he sees val's mom.

"hi Miss Sanchez, it's so nice to finally meet you" he sticks out  his hand for her to shake, but Gloria steps forward and wraps her arms around him, embracing Dylan in a hug.

"it's lovely to meet you to, Dylan!" she exclaims happily, but, what Dylan doesn't see when Val's mom is hugging him, is that she looks over his shoulder at valentine and mouths.

"isn't he a gentlemen"

before Gloria can embarrass her daughter anymore, valentine pulls the two apart and holds onto Dylan's arm.
"so, you've finally met my mom, let's go upstairs" the brunette squints her eyes at the unbearable embarrassment before walking up the stairs, Dylan trailing not far behind.

"she's definitely a character" The blonde haired boy chuckles lightly at the interaction as they reach the top of the stairs.

"tell me about it, but, don't feel too special, she acts like that with everyone she meets" valentine laughs with the boy as she rolls her eyes playfully.

the two make their way to val's bedroom, they both hear Gloria shout from downstairs, "KEEP THE DOOR OPEN! NO FUNNY BUSINESS, YOU TWO!"

"MOM!" valentine yells in disbelief, why would her mom even think anything was gonna happen between the two?

"i'm so sorry, she's just adjusting to the fact that there's a boy in our house" the girl opens her bedroom door for Dylan, and, after the two enter the room, she leaves it open a couple of i he's, for her mothers sake.