A distant memory.

It's been a while since that tragic incident occurred.

The incident of earth's disappearance,or rather,his death.Out of all of the planets in the solar system,the moon was the one to take it the hardest.Being the only one that was on Earth's side all of the time must have made him grow an attachment towards the other.

Besides the moon,the sun was also quite affected by the incident.Him being the Earth's target to disappear completely isn't something that can just be taken lightly.It took a heavy toll on his behavior,he was no longer being creepy or making terrible jokes to mercury.He's..changed.

Mars and Venus were also the same.Mars was the one that was most affected than Venus,he had been the planet's best friend for a decade now.Despite the earth being a jerk,he liked being the planet's best friend,he wished he didn't leave earth alone and this wouldn't have happened.

As for Venus,he was..in shock.Earth had been his first best friend and his last.Venus didn't expect for this to happen when both mars and him left earth alone,he expected for him to go up and apologize after realizing how big of a jerk he was.

but he guesses he was wrong.

___________________________________

"moooon!" a familiar voice called out for the moon in a distance,Moon looked over to voice and it was..No.It can't be.No,no,no you're gone,you're gone,you're not real,you're just messing with my head,no,no,no

"oh silly moon,of course I'm not real!" the voice laughed,moon looked terrified.Why..was he here?why is earth here?he's supposed to be gone,he's not by his side anymore, so why.. "I will always be here with you,I'm stuck inside your head Luna."

moon flinched by the nickname,'luna'.The nickname earth had given him since a million years ago,how can a hallucination know that? "of course I know,I'm your best friend!the earth!" the hallucination laughed once more,it was like he was laughing at moon's naivety

"no..you're not real,you're just messing with my head." moon finally spoke up,feeling much more braver than earlier."..." it was out of words to say,the lighting blue sphere was staring at the moon for a while,before speaking up once more,

"you can't deny it forever,Luna.Im going to live inside your head until you release this curse you have set upon yourself." The hallucination looked like he was telling the truth,moon felt guilty.Truth be told,moon was in denial of the Earth's death.He wished the earth was back,that he would stay by his side and never leave.

It was a curse that wasn't easy to forget,The Earth's death had taken a huge toll on him after all.He was still in denial about all of the things that had happened,maybe the hallucination,no,earth was right after all.He needs to let it go,let earth go,for the better good.

"it doesn't matter whether I'm with you or not,I will still be by your side,in heart." earth gave moon one last smile,he was slowly fading away.The moon wanted him to stay longer but,that's just impossible.He gave earth back a smile,tears started forming in his eyes that went unnoticed.

"Goodbye,earth."

___________________________________

"hello!I'm new here,what's your name?" moon snapped back to his senses,Infront of him was a planet too familiar.It looked a lot like an old companion he once had,was this..

"earth..?"

__________________________________

hey you all!I can't believe it,6 days left until Christmas!

well anyhow,I hope you enjoyed this chapter :33 the idea came to my mind while scrolling on TikTok lol.i honestly just brained this whole story without settinga plot lol