Chapter 37

Evalyn wore a red jumper, some jeans, her dirty converse. She handmade a sign saying 'Go Peter!' In big letters. The Marauders all agreed that James and Sirius were too rowdy to watch, so Remus would babysit while Evalyn went to support Peter.

As she made her way to the classroom they were holding the tournament in, she took a seat right at the front. Evalyn counted only 8 players, including Peter. She clapped excitedly when they called his name to introduce him, and the boy looked to the crowd. Seeing her sign, his heart filled with warmth. It was the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for him. Before Evalyn, he would never have had the courage to do something like this on his own.

The day went on and it was down to the final match. Peter was going against a 7th year Ravenclaw. As the game grew closer to the end, Evalyn was on her feet in excitement. Peter's heart raced and he whispered "Checkmate." The Ravenclaw was stunned but shook his hand regardless. As soon as he was announced as winner, he saw Evalyn running towards him. He luckily caught her before they both fell to the ground.

"Congrats Petey, I knew you could do it!" The girl beamed at him with so much pride. He let out a hearty laugh. "Thank you for believing in me." She grabbed his hand, holding it up and he took hold of the trophy as a younger student snapped a picture of them. The student made two copies and handed it to both of them. "This is going on my wall!" Evalyn bounded out of the classroom excitedly, "I can't wait to tell the rest." Peter looked down at the photographer and smiled softly at it. He gently folded it up and slid it into his pocket before chasing after the girl.

After a night of celebrating with butterbeer and fire whiskey, Evalyn and Sirius sat outside under the stars. As he was pointing out all of the stars and constellations, she took the time to simply look at him. Sirius Black was a beautiful person. But he was even more stunning under the light of the moon. His black hair was tied back in a bun, exposing all of his facial features. The stars seemed to reflect in his shining grey eyes. The way his brows scrunch up when he's talking about something passionately. The moonlight revealed a light scattering of freckles across his nose. His jawline that made Evalyn's knees weak. She noticed that when he stopped talking his bottom lip pouted out ever so slightly. As her eyes scanned the side of his face she caught something else.

"Are you trying to grow a mustache?" Evalyn brought her face closer to his to look at the little patch of hair on his upper lip. His cheeks flushed red but he still smiled. His smile, the real one that he only gives to certain people, was lopsided. Evalyn's heart melted at the sight. "What do you think love, Prongs says it makes me look manly." He flexed an arm while laughing. Evalyn bit her lip to hold back her laugh. "It's a bit off, but it just needs some more time to grow." Her eyes closed as she finally let out her laugh and Sirius' breath hitched.

He watched as her nose scrunched up. Her curls bounced while she laughed. Her glasses would slide down her nose. There was a light flush to her cheeks from the drinks they had earlier. To him, Evalyn was ethereal. He smiled at her silly laugh, it was always very distinct. It started out as giggles, that erupted into a snort. From there, she'd usually laugh so hard that it'd become silent or sometimes wheezy. Just as he suspected, her hand went to cover her mouth, so he grabbed it and held it to his chest. He put a finger from his other hand under her chin and gazed at her. Her laughter died down into a dazed smile as she opened her eyes. Slowly, he pulled her closer by her chin, and placed his lips softly upon hers.

His heart skipped a beat as he tasted the faint trace of fire whiskey and vanilla lip balm. Her lips were soft against his. In a swift move, he pulled Evalyn into his lap using the hand that was holding hers. He snaked his arm around her waist, holding her close, while the other one now cupped her cheek. A shiver ran down his spine as she took his hair tie out and ran her fingers through his hair. In this moment, any worries or fears of what was to come faded from their minds. After they broke the kiss, they gazed into each other's eyes. Both had love sick smiles on their faces. It was a moment of pure love and bliss that neither would be forgetting.

"What are your dreams in life?" She wrapped her arms around his neck as she asked the question. He thought about it for a second before answering.

"At first, I didn't have many dreams for life. I always thought mummy dearest would find a way to crush them." Sadness quickly flashed in his eyes before it faded away. "Then I met James and the rest. Our plans have always been to live together and become aurors." She nodded softly, letting him continue. "Then you came into my life. I didn't know I would be able to have something like this, I never thought I would deserve it. That was always for James." He pushed her glasses back up her nose, and then picked up a curl, twirling it around his fingers. "Now I still want to do all that with the lads, but I know I want my Lynnie there too. And maybe we can bring something good to the Black family name." Her heart fluttered and she pressed a sweet kiss to his forehead. "That's sweet Sirius."

"I want to get married, a small wedding with our closest friends. And then a house, one that is full of love and laughter. I can see us having all of the lads and Lily Potter over for dinner when it happens. Maybe if the war is over, we could have a child. I'll set up a small little dessert shop and you can be an auror if that's what you want to do. Maybe by then we can even have Reggie and Barty over as well."

"I will do everything I can to make your dreams come true Lynnie." Sirius pulled her in for a hug and placed a kiss to her temple. In this moment of time, nothing else mattered to the teens.