Chapter 77

Harry James Potter was born July 31, 1980. Evalyn and Sirius made it to their home in Godric's Hollow where the Potter's had been hiding out just in time to help deliver. James sat right next to Lily, slightly panicking. In fact, the man was hyper ventilating. Sirius did not help matters by trying to recite muggle techniques loudly with his eyes covered. James ranted about how things were ready for the baby to arrive yet and eventually Lily glared at him. She grabbed his face and squished his cheeks as he faced her. "You listen here Potter. You are the one who did this to me, and if you don't calm down, you are going to wish it was you pushing out a watermelon from your parts." Evalyn snickered as she got everything ready. Lily's tone was so stern that even Sirius stopped talking. The sight of what was happening was making him a little dizzy.

"Sirius love, can you fetch some water and make sure the baby room is set up?" Evalyn knew he needed to be busy so he wouldn't faint. The man ran out without another glance back. "Alright Lily, you can do this."

By the time Sirius got back with water, towels and a baby blanket, Harry was making his entrance. Carefully, he set the water down on a shelf and passed out. James winced as his wife squeezed his hand tightly. Evalyn chuckled to herself, using her wand to heal and clean.

Several moments later, Harry was bundled up in Lily's arms. The couple gazed lovingly at their new addition. Evalyn and Sirius had left the room to give them some alone time. She grinned playfully at her husband, "Still want one?"

He shrugged his shoulders "That was nothing, you could have like 20." A toothy smile made Evalyn laugh. He wrapped his arms around her waist and laid his head on top of hers.

"Oh please Snuffles, you couldn't even handle it. You missed all the action." Sirius felt the witch's shoulders shake as she laughed. His grip tightened and he kissed the top of her hair.

"When it happens, I will be able to handle it. You'll see." Evalyn hummed and snuggled into his embrace. James walked into the room, his eyes glowed with excitement.

"You want to come hold Harry?" Immediately, Sirius released Evalyn and bounced over to James. He clapped the man on his shoulders so hard, his glasses slid down his face. Evalyn followed the two back into the room silently. Lily handed the baby to Sirius first. Everyone in the room was shocked to see how gentle he was. Evalyn's heart soared at the love he held in his eyes for the baby. One arm supported the newborn, while the other softly brushed his cheek.

Evalyn stood beside him, patiently waiting for her turn. Seeing her eyes stuck on Harry, Sirius passed him over to his wife. If he thought he couldn't love Evalyn any more than he already did, he would be wrong. Seeing the way her eyes lit up when she held the baby, and watching her gently sway back and forth, muttering little things about how Harry is so loved, made him fall in love with Evalyn even harder. His hand made its way around Evalyn's waist, his head leaning over her shoulder so he could watch the two closely. James cleared his throat, making the couple look at him.

"So how do you like your godchild? He's pretty great right?" Evalyn's jaw dropped and she smiled up at Sirius before looking down at Lily.

"Are you serious?"

The red head pointed to Sirius "No Evalyn, he is. I'm Lily. And yes you two are the godparents." Sirius ran around the room, hugging both James and Lily. Placing a kiss on Lily's temple before returning back to Evalyn and Harry. He scooped the baby out of her hands and held him in the air.

"We will be the best godparents ever."

The two had decided to stay a week with the Potter's to help them get adjusted to having a newborn. The only visitors allowed to come by were Remus, Peter, Dumbledore and Minnie. Ever since the prophecy was mentioned, things had been tense in the Order.