Chapter 16

Evalyn spent the next 3 days not talking to anyone. She skipped meals, only went to class and then back to her dorm. She avoided everyone. The Marauders had enough of it and decided to take things into their own hands to help her. After spending a whole night making plans, they set things into motion.

The day started out with James and Sirius showing up at her dorm with her usual breakfast. She was too nice to turn them away, so she let them in and curled back up into bed.

The boys gave each other a nod and jumped on top of her.
"I'm not in the mood guys."
"I don't care Evee, it's time to get up." Sirius got up and went through her clothes to find her an outfit while James sat her up. She took the clothes and went into the bathroom to shower. "You don't have to wait for me, I can meet you in class later."
She came back out fully dressed with her brush in her hand. James sat down and patted the space in front of him. "I'll do it, are plaits okay?" Evalyn gave him a soft smile and sat down.
"Hey Lynnie, your hand looks heavy, can I hold it for you?" Sirius smirked at the girl who turned a bright red. She slowly grabbed his hand and he intertwined their fingers.
"Are you a dementor? Because you take my breath away" this made all three of the break out into laughter.

"Thanks boys, I really needed this."
"It's not over Evee, we got a full day planned out. We need to meet Wormtail and Mooney in the Great Hall. But put this on first." James wrapped his tie around Evalyn's eyes. The trio made their way to the Great Hall, Sirius and Evalyn still hand in hand. "Mooney is it ready?" The werewolf gave a thumbs up as Wormtail waved his wand. The lights cut out and 4 spotlights hit each of the Marauders. Lily came over and undid Evalyn's blindfold and she gasped. Each boy was dressed as one member from Queen. With a Sonorus charm, they broke out into Killer Queen. While they were singing, daisies fell from the ceiling and landed at her feet. Remus and Peter charmed several pieces of parchment that were folded into butterflies to fly around. As the song ended, all four boys ended up on their knees in front of her, each with a single red rose in their hand. Regulus and Barty watched the whole thing with a sad smile on their faces.
Sirius winked up at her "Are you a snitch Lynnie? Because you're the greatest catch here."
"You're not serious" she playfully slapped his chest and the other 3 Marauders groaned.
"Actually I am Sirius" the boy barked out a laugh.
"Oi Evans! While we are doing this, take me to St. Mungos because you make me love sick!" James turned to her and held out his rose to her.

"Not your best Potter" Lily laughed and took the flower from his hand.

A throat was cleared and the lights came back on. "Boys detention for 2 weeks." All four boys stood up and faced their favorite professor.
"If you wanted a performance as well Minnie, you could have just asked" James smirked at the older witch. "I wouldn't want to sit through that nonsense again," a hint of a smile graced her face as she walked away.

"Miss Fern, come with me, I believe it's time for tea." Dumbledore looked down on the group of teens with a twinkle in his eye.
"Can I join Dumbles?" Sirius grabbed for Evalyn's hand and pulled her close to him.
"Not this time Mr. Black, she will be fine."
"Don't worry about me Sirius, if I need you I will come find you after." Evalyn gave him a long hug and he grabbed her cheeks, looking into her eyes "I'll be waiting outside his office for you." She smiled at him and kissed his cheek before walking off after the headmaster.

"I felt your magic the other night, it was truly impressive dear." Evalyn was sat, twiddling her fingers without making eye contact.
"I'm sorry sir, it won't happen again." The old wizard pursed his lips.
"No need to be sorry, I'm rather amazed by the power you had." She looked into the headmasters twinkling eyes in confusion. "I'm not any different than anyone else, it was just an outburst. I lost control."

"Nonsense dear, I feel there is something special about you. We just have to find out what it is. Sometimes things are kept hidden from us. In the meantime, work on controlling that power. Now then, I believe you have someone waiting for you outside the door." Evalyn gave him a quick nod and scurried out the door.

"Are you okay? What happened?" Sirius wrapped her up in his arms and held her tightly. "I'm okay, he just asked about my magic. He wants me to try and get control of it." She mumbled into his chest. "Good, I was afraid you were in trouble."

They stood there for a minute before he decided to drag her to the boys' dorm. "Come on beautiful, there's one more thing to show you."

As she got there, instead of seeing 3 boys, she saw one boy and a stag with a rat on its antlers. "What" her jaw dropped open and she was frozen to her spot. "Why do you have animals in your dorm?" She slowly turned to Sirius, but instead of him being there, a big black dog was in his place. Remus fell over laughing at her face.
As she connected the dots, she deadpanned towards Remus. "The names make sense now." The dog wagged his tail excitedly and licked her hand. She gave him a hesitant pet on the top of his head. "But why though?" All 3 boys transformed back into their normals bodies. "To help Moony of course, you can't tell anyone, we are too young for Azkaban."
"Your secret is safe with me boys, that is really sweet of you to do for him."

With a grin she turned to Sirius and tapped his knee in excitement. "Can you help me do it?"

All 4 boys grew quiet before Remus piped up. "You're not helping me. I won't let you get hurt." She waved her hand in his direction, "no I just want to see what animal I'd become. Besides I've decided I can help you lot by healing minor injuries the next morning. Don't try to argue, I've already decided it."

"Maybe next year Lynnie, I don't want you getting hurt. It's a hard process." She pouted but didn't argue with him. "James, Peter what do you think."
"I'm with Pads on this one."
"Sorry Evalyn, we care too much about you to let you hurt yourself." She smiled at the shy boy.
"Awe Petey, you care about me?" She reached over and pinched his cheek which had turned a light pink.
"Of course we do, you're special to us." The boy mumbled and swatted her hand away.

"You lot really made my day today. I'll remember it forever." Evalyn laid down in Sirius' bed and drifted off to sleep.
"She's got you whipped Padfoot." The boys chuckled at their mate.
"I think she does Prongs." He laid down beside the girl and brushed her hair back. Sirius laid a small kiss on her forehead as she cuddled into his chest. For the first time in the past 4 nights, Evalyn slept without crying.