SOOO UH HELLO

Exiting Gaul's office, my horror deepens as the press awaits outside the school. They capture a few images of us, and I rush to my car, desperate to escape. With Coriolanus now beside me, I navigate the chaotic drive to the fashion show where I'm already dreadfully late.

Amid the tension, I hadn't questioned why he was here or how he managed to be. Now, he sits in my car, and I'm left grappling with the uncertainty of what to say or do.

"I know you want to ask," he says bluntly.The air crackles with unspoken tension

"I left her," he confesses, his eyes locked with mine.

"That's unexpected," I retort, my arms crossed in a defensive stance. He remains close, the magnetic pull undeniable.

"Yes..." he starts, leaving the words unfinished.

"Okay, so why did you leave little old Songbird?" I question, challenging him. We both exit the car and I lean on the hood.

His grip on my waist lingers, and the air thickens.

In the midst of our charged exchange, a hush descends, and our lips meet for the first time. The world falls away, leaving only the warmth of the kiss.

Tigris, unbeknownst to us, steps outside and stumbles upon the unexpected scene. She freezes, witnessing the kiss, her eyes widening in disbelief.

"What the—" she starts, cut off by a scream as her surprise turns into realization. "Coryo? You're back?"

Coriolanus and I break apart, the spell of the moment shattered by her exclamation. She runs towards Coriolanus and hugs him. He gladly accepts her hug and smiles.

"God! When did you get back?" She asks. You can see the gears turning in her head.

Tigris thinks for a moment and realizes, she caught us kissing. then screams again when she realizes the full extent of what she's witnessed.

"Were you two kissing?" she exclaims, her voice reaching new heights of astonishment.

Coriolanus and I exchange glances, our faces tinged with a mixture of embarrassment and amusement. Tigris, a master of dramatic reactions, continues to express her disbelief.

"What on earth is happening?" she shrieks, her eyes darting between us. "Are you together?"

"Yes," Coryo says.

"No," I say at the same time.

Tigris squeals in amusement. "You're such an ass for not calling, but I don't blame you, cousin."

"Can we focus on the job at hand?" I say, walking towards the door in a hurry. As I enter, everyone looks chaotic and crazy.

"Alright!" I yell to my section of models and makeup artists. I look at my wristwatch. "I want everyone changed and ready to hit the runway in exactly 15 minutes!"

Everyone explodes to their posts, and people are running around in tops. I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn and meet Coriolanus's hand.

Ignoring him, I turn to Tigris. "Have you figured out the order?"

"Yes, and everything is under control. I triple-checked the racks; everything is here. Let's go sit down and enjoy."

I feel Coriolanus bring me back into his chest. "I don't suppose a peacekeeper uniform would suffice for this kind of event?"

"Ugh, no!" I say, realizing his outfit did not match our brand. I walk over to our duplicate rack of spares. I take a pristine shirt. "This dress shirt is worth $458; try not to spill on it."

"I'll save you two a seat; the show is about to begin!" Tigris yells out and gets lost in the middle of the chaos.

"What are you waiting for? Change," I say to Coriolanus. He removes the gray peacekeeper uniform shirt and slides the silky rich blue button-up on.

His skin is very contrasted from the deep, rich color. I can't help but notice his scar on his back from the rebel attack.

He buttons up the shirt until the last button, and I frown. I walk in front of him and begin to unbutton the first two buttons. He looks down at me as I do so.

I look up and meet his gaze. "Good?" He asks.

"Tuck the shirt in," I reply, a blush coating my cheeks as I remember our moment earlier. He gently grabs my hand and leads me to the front of the show.

We walk in, and soon enough, the camera is on our figures. Lucky announces that Vendetta has officially arrived.

I notice Philomena with her husband, and I smile in their direction. Tigris is sitting next to two open spots where Coriolanus and I are heading.

Sitting down next to Tigris and Coriolanus next to me, the announcement of Fabricia's brand is introduced as the first show for the night.

The first girl walks out in a red gown, and the next follows. Tigris leans over to my side and whispers. "This is very last year."

I nod my head in agreement and continue to watch the designs roll out. Coriolanus leans over and whispers in my ear. "Are those the Plinths?"

I lean over, putting my hand to cover my words next to his head as he leans into me. "His wife loves to shop a lot. They get invited."

The last of the designs roll out, and a clap echoes through the room. Fabricia walks out from behind the runway and goes to take a bow.

"Ladies & Gentlemen, that was attempt number 1 of the evening. Upcoming next, much like this brand's motto, we have a designer brand that not only has set the standard for this year's season," he says, locking eyes with Tigris and me.

He pans over to the camera and looks at it. "Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm taking sold-out stores and no one can do it like they can. We welcome, the amazing, the talented, Vendetta."

The lights dim as an upbeat mellow song cues. The only lights focus around the runway and no longer light the room. Tigris and I wanted our designs to be the focal point, and the audience felt like a distraction.

The first model walks out on the runway. People begin to gasp and look at the design.

The model wears a headscarf, a miniskirt with a very structured top. She carries a beautifully constructed bag from our new line.

The models come out once again, and as instructed by us at our rehearsal, they walk in perfectly straight lines, doing a pose at the end of the runway.

Runways typically last a minute max. It's straightforward; us? We are putting on a show.

"I hope those are good gasps," Tigris whispers nervously.

Finally, the last model is carrying a roll of fabric that is still connected to her dress. She throws it onto the runway and continues her fierce walk.

It is supposed to symbolize our fresh take on the runway for both our brand and our style.