Chapter 22

Soft, morning light filtered through the gauzy curtains and dust motes floated on the air as my eyes fluttered open. Linen sheets slid against my skin as I stretched - then stopped, suddenly aware that a strong, muscled arm wound around my waist.

"Morning," Adam's voice was a whisper behind me, punctuated by a gentle kiss to my collarbone.

Peering over my shoulder, I found his sleepy, dark eyes on me.

"Hey," I smiled, eyes drinking in the salt and pepper stubble that shadowed his cheeks.

He didn't answer, instead pressing his nose into my hair and breathing in as his thumb idly brushed against my skin.

Melting into his embrace, I let my head fall back against him.

"Y'know," I murmured, "In case I've never said it, you have really nice hands."

Adam paused, and, curious, I almost glanced up at him.

"Thank you," he whispered, pulling me back against his chest.

"Did- did I say something wrong?"

"Hmm? No; it's nothing."

"Adam-"

"It-" he sighed, "what you said, about my hands? Katherine used to say the same thing."

His wife.

His late wife.

"Oh," I said, unsure of how to react.

Adam's voice grew fond, "She always said they were two of the three reasons why she married me."

I felt a smirk form, "And the third?"

He chuckled, "Guess."

Trailing my fingers along his arm, I began, "You know what this means, don't you?"

"What?" He tensed, as though afraid of my response.

"You, Sir, attract women who are into hands."

I felt him relax against me, "Truly, it's a curse."

"I can imagine," taking hold of his wrist, bringing it down to cup my sex, "that must be so rough for you."

"Mmm," Adam grunted, gently separating my folds and sliding his fingers against my clit, "to be perfectly honest, keeping my hands off of you is the hard part."

My eyelids shut as the first, exquisite sparks of pleasure lit within me. "Then don't."

Angling my head toward him, I nipped at his bottom lip, teasing him until he gave in.

Leaning down, Adam kissed me thoroughly, tasting me in counterpoint with his circling fingers.

I moaned into his mouth, showing my ardent appreciation as he stroked me, needing more.

When I panted, hips rolling beneath his hand, his lips left mine, finding my ear and whispering sweet, filthy praise for my body, my responsiveness, my eagerness-

"-such a good plaything, so ready to please..."

My thighs quivered around his hand, and I bit my lip, holding back the cry that threatened to escape my throat.

His voice lowered to a growl, and his circling became faster, more urgent, "Now, you are going to come on my fingers like a good girl, and then I'm going to start my morning right by fucking that pretty little pussy."

Tensing, my eyes squeezed shut as I shattered on command. Red-hot ecstasy shot through my core, and I pulsed against Adam's hand, toes curling between the sheets.

A high, helpless whine escaped my lips, and I shuddered as he wrung every last agonizing sensation from my orgasm.

Breathless and spent, I met Adam's gaze as he brought his fingers up, staring with animalistic ferocity.

"Clean them," he rasped.

I opened my mouth, licking my arousal from his roughened skin.

And, as I savored the fire in his eyes, I heard footsteps coming down the hallway...

Shooting upright, I shooed Adam out of my bed, reaching for my discarded clothes.

A knock sounded on the door, "Nora?"

Oh, fuck me

"Dad?" I dressed in a flurry, hoping that my voice sounded sleepy.

"Breakfast is set for nine - make sure you're ready by then."

No shit.

"Yeah, I will."

Without a goodbye, he walked away, leaving me standing there, half dressed, heart pounding against my ribs.

From the bathroom, I heard the loud spray of the shower start.

Adam...

I hesitated, unsure of whether to follow him.

Maybe the moment's over.

Then, my eyes caught on the box of condoms sitting on my nightstand.

Only one way to find out.

Taking one, I went to the bathroom, stripping as I went.

In the walk-in shower, steam fogged the glass, obscuring the image of Adam beating off under the torrent.

Smirking, I opened the door, stepping inside and placing my hand over his.

"Nora-"

"How sweet," I whispered, running my lips along his neck, "you're keeping it hard for me." Slipping the condom into his free hand, I turned, bending over slightly as I leaned against the tiled wall.

Adam's low chuckle echoed in the steamy chamber.

I didn't have to wait long until his hands gripped my hips, angling me as the tip of his sheathed cock rubbed my aching pussy.

Adam's first thrust pressed my tits against the cool tile, my body stretching around his shaft as he sank in. His groan filled the room, and I smiled, exultant. Adjusting to his welcome intrusion, I pushed back on him, wordlessly begging for more.

He obliged, starting a hard, fast tempo, stealing my breath from my lungs. He took his pleasure from me with delicious, primal efficiency, fucking me like he owned me, body and soul.

"Adam-"

"Baby, unless you want the whole household in here with us, you need to be quiet."

His voice was a low, sinful whisper, sounding like the devil on my shoulder, urging me on.

Biting my lip, I whimpered, lost to sensation as Adam leaned one arm against the wall, trapping me between his body and the tile.

Closing my eyes, I gave myself to the carnal glory of being surrounded by him, filled by him, showing my appreciation with quiet gasps and groans.

Adam's fingers dug into my hip, sinking into my soft curves as his grip tightened and his strokes grew wilder.

Then, he pulled me back, hard, hissing a muffled expletive as he came.

Satisfaction washed over me, and as his arm wrapped around my waist, hugging me close, I felt a warm rush of pride - pride that I'd pleased my man.

My man...

For now, at least.