Chapter 17

I stood inside the elevator for Hotel Deco, heart racing, drunk on the scent of the man next to me.

Adam Baker.

My Godfather...

The doors closed, leaving the two of us alone.

As it started up, all restraint vanished.

Adam backed me against the far wall, one hand gripping my jaw, forcing my gaze to meet his. The other traveled down the soft fabric of my borrowed dress, sliding it up my hips before reaching between my legs-

-and freezing as his fingers found not fabric, but flesh.

I smiled, savoring his touch and his surprise at finding me bare.

Adam's eyes burned as his lips teased mine, "You came prepared..."

Purring, I replied, "I'm a woman who knows what she wants."

His fingers delved into my folds, seeking and finding my aching clit, "And what do you want, Nora?"

"You," I breathed.

Beginning to rub me, fingers growing slick with my arousal, Adam asked, "How do you want me?"

"Any way I can have you," I breathed, fighting the whine in my voice as pleasure spiked within me.

Brushing his cheek against mine, Adam placed his lips next to my ear, "One more question."

"What?"

His words seared me to the bone, "Who owns this pussy tonight?"

I quivered with need, "You-"

Behind us, the doors dinged before sliding open.

Adam took his hand away as I frantically pulled my dress back down.

Nobody waited on the other side.

This is his floor.

Sighing in relief, I started to walk out - but Adam caught my arm.

Whirling, I faced him, "What?"

His eyes were thunderstorms, flashing and dark, and he held out the fingers that had been between my legs moments ago.

"Clean them off."

My heartbeat skipped in my chest, but there was no denying him.

Leaning forward, I took them into my mouth, tasting myself on the callused skin.

His voice was a growl, "Good girl."

The doors began to close behind me, and I reached back, forcing them open as we walked toward his room.

"When we get inside, you're going to need a safeword."

"Oh?"

Adam smirked, "If you want me to treat you like a fucktoy, then I'm happy to oblige, but we should have a safeword in case you need me to stop and treat you like a person."

Thinking, I watched as he reached into his pocket and pulled out his keycard.

"Whiskey."

"Hmm?" He turned.

"No, my safeword - it's 'Whiskey'."

"Alright," Adam grinned as the door lock beeped, flashing green.

Turning the handle, Adam wordlessly invited me inside, following and locking it behind us.

The darkened room, or suite, rather, was all clean lines, white walls, and wood floors, decorated with stark geometries.

Turning right, I saw the curtained expanse of the windows. Crossing the space, I pulled them open to see the moonlit streets of the city below us.