S3C Chapter 2: Same Squid, Different Adventure

Start from the beginning

(Y/N): Wait, so I'm actually here finally...

Frye: So what brings you by our fair city in the first place?

(Y/N): I was in the mood for a... let's call it change of scenery.

Big Man gave him (Y/N) a hug.

Big Man: Ay! (Well you've made it here! It's an awesome place!)

(Y/N): Woah, quite the hugger, huh? But yeah, thanks. For the welcome and for not letting me die.

Frye: We would never let that happen.

Frye said while smiling and just standing next to Shiver, hiding herself behind her fan. Big Man meanwhile stared right at them remembering how they were both going to leave him in the desert.

(Y/N): It's been fun, but I'm sorta excited about actually checking out the city-

Shiver: Not so fast.

(Y/N) looked over confused at Shiver, but Frye and Big Man were pretty sure they knew where Shiver was going.

(Y/N): Is something wrong?

Shiver: Yes, actually. We helped you out when you were in need of it, so I believe we're owed some... compensation.

(Y/N): I was going to die though.

Shiver: But you didn't. You're welcome. So it's time to pay the piper.

(Y/N): Oh, uh, sorry but I don't have any money on me or anything like that.

Shiver: That's a shame, then I guess you're going to have to work off that debt, aren't you?

(Y/N): What kind of work?

Shiver: Anything we might need of you.

Frye: Besides, you know our secret hideout's location now, so we can't just let you leave. Or else we'd have to kill ya!

(Y/N) gulped at the last part.

Big Man: Ay, ay. (Don't worry, she's not serious... I think...)

Shiver: First off, where are you staying, so we know where to reach you.

(Y/N) gave a nervous laugh to her question.

(Y/N): I, uh... don't actually have any place to stay. I was planning on finding some place after getting here.

Shiver, Frye, and Big Man all just stared at him as if they were reading some complex question.

Shiver: So, you walked across the desert with no water and had no plans on what you would do when you even made it here and no money to do anything...

(Y/N): Well... when you say it like that, it sounds a little stupid, hehe...

Frye: Big Man, I think you interfered with natural selection.

Shiver: Well, I guess you're staying here in the hideout. We don't want you ditching town or dying in some alley until after you've paid us back. You can take the one room by Big Man's room upstairs on the left side. I'm pretty sure there's some old couch there.

(Y/N): Rolling out the red carpet, huh...

Shiver: It's an abandoned building. We've got plenty of unused rooms but we're not going to put needless furniture in them all. Just be glad we're giving you a place here in the first place.

Big Man: Ay. Ay! (It's not so bad when you get used to it, it's actually pretty cool. That's why we made it our secret hideout!)

(Y/N): It beats sleeping next to a dumpster, I guess.