S3C Chapter 2: Same Squid, Different Adventure

Start from the beginning

The blue Octoling questioned as the yellow Inkling was checking his pockets and patting him down.

Frye: Nada. He's broke.

Shiver sighed turning away from the desert bum while sighing.

Shiver: We wasted the intro and everything on someone with nothing to steal? I guess we should just call it a day with the bandit-ing and just head back to the hideout.

She spoke as she summoned Master Mega to appear to them.

Big Man: Ay? Ay. (Should we help him? He doesn't look like he's doing so hot.)

Shiver: Nah, not our business. And besides, he couldn't afford our help. Just hop on Master Mega.

Big Man: Ay? (Frye?)

Frye: I trust in Shiver. She's a good moral compass.

She said as she hopped on top of Master Mega after Shiver causing Big Man to sweat a bit while questioning Frye's statement.

Big Man looked back at (Y/N) in the sand, still face down.

Frye: Hurry up, Big Man! We've gotta get back to the hideout so we can check out all of the loot we s̶t̶o̶l̶e̶ found fair and square!

Frye said as she was checking out all the loot she was holding onto as she felt Big Man hop on the back of Master Mega, causing Shiver to command Master Mega to return to base.

~~~

Master Mega pulled in through the big loading door as they did a loop around the big main room of Deep Cut's hideout before the three hopped off and Shiver thanked Master Mega.

Shiver: Okay, before we do anything else, let's check out the loot.

Frye: Loot check!

The two dumped their bags of loot in the center of the room and started scrounging through the pile.

Meanwhile Big Man was walking away with his fins behind his back, which caught the attention of Shiver with a passing glance, causing her to glare at him and call out to him.

Shiver: Where are you running off to, Big Man?

Big Man: Ay? Ay? (Who? Me?)

Big Man was now sweating, and Frye was now also alerted to Big Man's suspicious nature.

Frye: Big Man, you're not hoarding some loot to yourself, are you?

Big Man: Ay? Ay! (What? Never!)

Shiver: Then you wouldn't mind showing us what you've got behind your back, would you?

Big Man: Ay, ay. (I don't have anything, just a cup to get me something to drink.)

Frye was now approaching on Big Man with Shiver doing so as well behind her.

Frye: You don't have anything or you have a cup? Which is it?

Big Man was now sweating profusely as the two got up close to him.

Big Man: AY! Ay, ay...  (ALRIGHT! I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It's not loot...)

Big Man then proceeded to bring out the unconcious Inkling they ran into in the desert and set him down on the floor gently.

Big Man: Ay, ay. (He just looked like he was really in trouble, and I didn't want it on my concious if something bad happened to him.)

Shiver sighed as she put her fan in front of her face while Frye pouted.