Part 22

Aelar's Pov, 

Some Days Later. 

"Fire on fire

Would normally kill us
With this much desire
Together, we're winners
They say that we're out of control and some say we're sinners
But don't let them ruin our beautiful rhythms
'Cause when you unfold me and tell me you love me
And look in my eyes
You are perfection, my only direction
It's fire on fire
Oh, it's fire on fire"
I softly sing as I hold Valor against me while I walk around our chambers and he looks up at me with those violet eyes while a smile appears on my face. 

"When we fight, we fight like Dragons

But then we love and feel the truth

We lose our minds in a city of roses
We won't abide by any rules

I don't say a word
But still, you take my breath and steal the things I know
There you go saving me from out of the crowd." I continue in a softer tone as a yawn leaves his small lips. 

"Fire on fire

Would normally kill us
With this much desire
Together, we're winners
They say that we're out of control and some say we're sinners
But don't let them ruin our beautiful rhythms
'Cause when you unfold me and tell me you love me
And look in my eyes
You are perfection, my only direction
It's fire on fire."
I softly sing as I turn around and see Rhaenyra standing there making me walk over until I stand a couple of inches away from her. 

"It's fire on fire." I whisper before leaning down and placing my lips against hers and she is quick to kiss me back as I wrap my free arm around her. 

"Char-" Rhaenyra starts before I shush her as I walk over to the crib of our son who is peacefully asleep and carefully put him down in it while the grey dragon egg lays beside him, it has been Targaryen custom to lay a egg with a baby. We used to have many hatchlings and often times the baby would be taken there and the hatchling would chose, others would put eggs close to the baby like the Targaryen's. 

My egg never hatched and I never had a hatchling who bonded with me, my father took me to the dens of some of the riderless dragons and Arrax was one of those and the second his eyes met mine it was like we both just knew. I ran away from my father and just tried to hug the massive snout of Arrax. 

Taking Rhaenyra's hand we walk out of the chamber together and I give Ser Harrold a nod as he guards the door, I do not hold many friends in these lands but he is one of those and I just know he would protect Valor with his life. 

"We cannot even be in our own chambers anymore?" Rhaenyra asks with a raised brow and I give her a shrug. "Not when our son is sleeping, also I think you would like to know where I have been while you were giving birth?" I counter as we walk through the corridors together while I keep her hand in mine. 

"And tell me husband where you have been when I was indeed giving birth to our son." She says and I let a small smirk creep on my face. "Buying us a army." I say as I keep my eyes in front of me but I see her head snap in my direction from the corner of my eye. "An Army you do not hold the wealth to buy one? Right?" She says and I shrug my shoulders. 

"How much did the last Valyrian steel sword sell for?" I ask her as we pass a corner together. "T-there hasn't been sold one since the Doom Of Valyria, some houses have tried but they are considered priceless." She says making a hum leave my lips. "Indeed, they are, and I send Lord Corlys towards Astaphor to buy us an army in exchange for a sword I have forged you should be lucky you have a husband who is so skilled with his hands." I say before it comes out teasingly as I softly push her against the wall and trap her between it and my body.