Part 18

When we get out I look down and notice how pale Ezra is. I drop to the ground and say "Ezra you need to stay with me ok?"

He looks at me and smiles. Now I'm panicking, he can't die on me. I pull a knife out of my boot and slash my arm with it. I then bring my bleeding arm to his mouth and say "This can heal you, please drink. You can't die on me please."

Ezra opens his mouth and I squeeze my arm so that my blood flows into his mouth. He swallows and then closes his eyes. He relaxes and color starts coming back to his face. I breathe a sigh of relief and turn back to the mine. I take a deep breath and let out a frustrated sigh. I'd have to let them go, I didn't have the strength to seal up the mine and fly us back to my cave.

I pick Ezra up and take off. I fly as fast as I can to my cave. As soon as I touch down I transform back into a human. I grit my teeth a bit as my wings vanish a bit painfully. I take Ezra over to a spot deeper inside the cave and lay down beside him.

I was exhausted. Using my blood to heal Ezra had sapped my energy and so did being in my half-form since I had hardly ever been in it. I let myself fall into a deep sleep, just happy to have the person next to me back.